What do you think happens after death?

What do you think happens after death?

• Nothing. We just die.

Votes: 126 77.8%
  • We get reincarnated.

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • We go to heaven or hell.

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • We become part of a wider consciousness.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other, if so, what?

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
He was like a sparrow flying on a dark stormy night, the sparrow briefly flew through a brightly lit feasting hall for a second before flashing out again into the storm. That second was like cyber pink’s time as an Urban log on…

None of you will die. You will all just continue to live on in a parallel branch of reality in which you somehow managed to stay alive. Everyone around you will die, but you will stay alive. An eternity alone in a parallel world inhabited only by yourself.

Sorry to break it to you all. 😂

None of you will die. You will all just continue to live on in a parallel branch of reality in which you somehow managed to stay alive. Everyone around you will die, but you will stay alive. An eternity alone in a parallel world inhabited only by yourself.
None of you will die and everyone around you will die? How does this make sense? Everybody shifts into their own world? If so what do these worlds of one person look like?

None of you will die and everyone around you will die? How does this make sense? Everybody shifts into their own world? If so what do these worlds of one person look like?
Imagine being on the desert Island discs island for all eternity with the complete works of Shakespeare, the Bible, one book of your choice and a luxury

Well I wasn’t being entirely serious. But the idea is based on the theory of quantum immortality - that if there are an infinite number of parallel branching universes, there will always be a branch in which you don’t die, and that is the one you will inevitably inhabit. Or something like that

Sorry to break it to you all. 😂
Does that mean I can leave the toilet seat up, not have my chocolate nicked from the fridge and can find the phone charger where I left it? Sounds fucking ace!

Well I wasn’t being entirely serious. But the idea is based on the theory of quantum immortality - that if there are an infinite number of parallel branching universes, there will always be a branch in which you don’t die, and that is the one you will inevitably inhabit. Or something like that
I suppose the theory does imply you never die. I'm quite comfortable with the general idea of parallel realities, but the string theory stuff about branching doesn't appeal to me at all. Not that I know anything about mathematics or physics.

I suppose the theory does imply you never die. I'm quite comfortable with the general idea of parallel realities, but the string theory stuff about branching doesn't appeal to me at all. Not that I know anything about mathematics or physics.

Many Worlds is obviously a load of crap, most quantum physicists think so too.

What causes the chemistry to start, in the beginning, and to stop at the end. And the end is often instant, an animal shot through the heart (human too) collapses immediately, they are dead before their body hits the ground. Brain death is also I believe instant.
It isn't. The gross mechanical processes of moving around may well cease rapidly, but most of the other processes take some time to fade. Brain death, to take your example, does not happen instantaneously, but by progressive degradation of the brain as oxygen and glucose stop (likewise progressively) being delivered.

Even if there were any truth in this multiple universe stuff, and even a scintilla of any evidence, it still doesn't mean that anything at all is possible elsewhere, just because you can imagine it. There can still be an infinite number of realities where nothing you imagine ever happens.

Life, the universe and everything have no purposes beyond the ones that we choose them to have.

It is the ultimate freedom, and yet it seems that some people find such unbounded cosmic liberty to be so intimidating, that they end up inventing some heavenly tyrant or celestial bureaucracy as being in charge of it all.
It was Kierkegaard - a Christian - who averred that excessive freedom leads to despair. It's something he and I agree on.

Many Worlds is obviously a load of crap, most quantum physicists think so too.
I don't think it's crap. There is no reason to think that the wave function collapses to only one state - the equations suggest all states happen. Its a literal interpretation of quantum theory - although the outcome for anyone in any branch is the same as there being only one branch!

It isn't. The gross mechanical processes of moving around may well cease rapidly, but most of the other processes take some time to fade. Brain death, to take your example, does not happen instantaneously, but by progressive degradation of the brain as oxygen and glucose stop (likewise progressively) being delivered.
In fact different parts of your body take longer to die.

"The brain and nerve cells require a constant supply of oxygen and will die within a few minutes, once you stop breathing. The next to go will be the heart, followed by the liver, then the kidneys and pancreas, which can last for about an hour. Skin, tendons, heart valves and corneas will still be alive after a day. White blood cells, which are more independent, can keep going for almost three days."

Even if there were any truth in this multiple universe stuff, and even a scintilla of any evidence, it still doesn't mean that anything at all is possible elsewhere, just because you can imagine it. There can still be an infinite number of realities where nothing you imagine ever happens.

Might I suggest that you watch the series, DARK?

(NOT the dubbed version)

😁

I don't know what happens after death I know that I will find out in due course but I hope not to find out too soon.

I had a joke with my dad that if it was possible to come back after death that he would come back and tell me so. No news yet so I guess it is impossible.

I don't know what happens after death I know that I will find out in due course but I hope not to find out too soon.

I had a joke with my dad that if it was possible to come back after death that he would come back and tell me so. No news yet so I guess it is impossible.

Houdini promised people he'd come back if he could.
Must have gotten tied up...

Back
Top Bottom