Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

Perhaps the most "punk rock" band in the USA ever (no guitars, no recordings ever released by them) - a key influence on many San Fran "punk" bands too (Dead Kennedys, Flipper etc):

:cool:

<Melly faints in "we are not worthy" mode>
Two nights stand out. One, we were passing by, and there were all these girls outside with safety pins through their cheeks, and dog collars on. We decided it was best to go in. Another time, I was with my wife to be. There was some sort of jazz thing happening. There were seats, but like a lecture theatre, not tables. Everyone was listening to this sax ensemble. They were all grooving to the music, but while sitting in place. it was like peripatetic white dance, performed in a chair. But still so alien and cool for us Canadian rubes.:)

Yet more PG action from "Right Now!" - features a guitar "solo" that is "wrong" on every conceivable level - works for me, though!:

I can easily count the number of "metal" bands I listen to these days on one hand. This is one of them - Justin Broadrick (Godflesh, Napalm Death, Techno Animal, The Sidewinder, God, and much much more) with his take on the "dreampop" genre:

BTW: Did you know the reason for Justin being booted off the drums from Head of David? Cos Messrs Burroughs (no, not that one!) and Jurenovski thought his drumming was "arrhythmic". Hilarious! And to prove that Justin could actually drum rather well, here he is in HoD action, live in 1987 (I must have posted this on here at least 3 times now):

Final one for now: this is a 2-song in one number - first part is a re-recording of an old Fall Of Because song (recorded by them in 1986, and later released on the "Life Is Easy" comp CD in 1999). Second part is a GF original. Both tracks feature Paul Neville (ex-Fall of Because) on second guitar:

Note: The lyrics to the second number could initially be seen as blunt nihilism, but are actually more in keeping with the end-point of a particularly emotionally-destructive relationship (yeah, been there meself quite a long while ago).

Back
Top Bottom