Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

Been listening to a lot of this stuff lately, the hits of McCarthyism, fucking brilliant stuff.

So I thought I'd share:

Some of this...

How odd, i was just going to post that! Much prefer the original to the much more well-known remix/Nuyorican Soul version... Whoever put together that video deserves a medal, it's absolutely brilliant.

Donna Summer did do a great <snip>[/media]
Just found the long versions of her most well-known Moroder collaborations and have listened to those songs on a loop for many days now (don't want to link directly in case they get removed), anyway I daren't play the 18-minute version of 'Love to love you baby' too loud at home, since the upstairs neighbours have little kids and strike me as the sort of people to complain about that sort of thing... It's tempting, though! :D :cool:

BTW, there's a long 'Donna Summer TV special' floating around the 'tube, with some interesting performances and some quite frankly 'WFT?' narration/segment transition pieces which just have to be seen to be believed... It's a little bit like a bewildering dream, I'm not quite sure what the producers were on. But it's a great mini documentary/show, featuring most of her famous songs. Well worth the effort if you can find it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Maya, I'll check it out. I've been listening to a lot of Donna Summer recently. Lots of "oh I didn't expect that" moments.

Been catching my ear on other people's radios for a bit so thought I'd try to find. Glad I did. Really like the video :cool:

Back
Top Bottom