Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

never given porcupine tree a listen before... i like the old classic prog rock like genesis, jethro tull etc.... will i like this?

Their early stuff is pretty psychedelic - and does sound like a lot of the prog rock of two decades earlier, particularly stuff like Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape and Voyage 34. Their later stuff is more heavy rock - metal even (they are good friends with, and have been somewhat influenced by Opeth). Porcupine Tree are one of those bands that does a good job of transcending genres.

I hope my neighbours are into their latin jazz-funk and a slightly tipsy me singing at top voice?! I really can't help it on such a gorgeous summers evening! :oops::hmm::cool::D

"The angels smile, on the banks of the nile..." Dee Dee Bridgewater is just amazing <3

I'm currently listening to the station PA announcements at Manchester Piccadilly, as it is extremely close to where I live, and I've got the doors open due to the weather. I can recite the announcements off pat the number of times I've heard them over the years.

"Due to todays wet weather, please take extra care when on the station. Surfaces may be slippery."

They use the word 'inclement' for the same announcement in London though - maybe we are too thick oop north to understand such complex words so they use a three-letter one. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom