Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

Been listening to L.A. Woman 40th Aniversary (Alternate Takes) on youtube. Not an authority, but had a box set in the 90's and read the Sugerman book. Jimbo was supposed to be a bit of a handfull, but his passion and humanity come accross on the Alternate takes. Pam & Jim R.I.P.

Fade by Yo La Tengo

I went watching them a while ago. It was a really unusual concert. They didn't have a support act, so they were their own support act. Their first set was really really really quiet. They were the quietest band I have ever seen, for that first set. I could hear people whispering on the other side of the room. And it was a big room.

Then they had a break and came back and it was a bit more lively. By the end it was a bit more lively and they were playing all the fuzzy guitar breakdown kind of stuff that they do, which was fun. It was all a bit weird though. I have never seen anything quite like it.

The Shivers - 'Beauty' - just manages to stay the right side of corny. They're the first band to get me excited in music for many a long year.

Back
Top Bottom