Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

Bechet/Spanier's classic recording of Sweet Lorraine. Only the Duke Ellington orchestra ever produced anything so spine melting.

Oh now this a good version. Big Bill Bissonnette (trombone), Tuba Fats & West Lawn Dirge - Just a closer walk with me.

Doesn't that just make you want to die so you can have it played at your funeral?

Not the greatest song but
1) It has Herbie Flowers on bass and
2) It really upsets racists:
Blue Mink

I'm listening to The Score for the first time in years. It is even better than I remembered it. It sold so many copies (driven by the Roberta Flack cover) but was a real hip-hop album and a very fine one. I might start a thread about Lauryn Hill. She was just phenomenal, both as a rapper and singer and I feel we were robbed of a couple of amazing albums by fate.

I'm listening to The Score for the first time in years. It is even better than I remembered it. It sold so many copies (driven by the Roberta Flack cover) but was a real hip-hop album and a very fine one. I might start a thread about Lauryn Hill. She was just phenomenal, both as a rapper and singer and I feel we were robbed of a couple of amazing albums by fate.

20 minutes 15 seconds is my favourite moment on that album. :)

Back
Top Bottom