Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are the psychological dynamics at work behind scandals in the Catholic church?

true

but you would seriously consider a similar statement about Islam, yet what I said is as true as it is rejected

The Christian doctrine of love assumes only an empty (now positively charged, sexualized) appearance for children.

In the Christian doctrine, and partly as a leftover of the paganism it appropriates, in its attempt to generalize love, extends its principle to everything, to no human qualities, that's why it, by way of its teachings, has to belatedly and in christian spirit assume paedophilic violence. After all, there is nothing natural about sexuality.

Oh, but it is. Or they say that it is.

I also reject your accusation, which I notice conceals only the emptiness of anarchist doctrine against me.

The Christian doctrine of love assumes only an empty (now positively charged, sexualized) appearance for children.

In the Christian doctrine, and partly as a leftover of the paganism it appropriates, in its attempt to generalize love, extends its principle to everything, to no human qualities, that's why it, by way of its teachings, has to belatedly and in christian spirit assume paedophilic violence. After all, there is nothing natural about sexuality.
Xianity elevates it to a cosmic principle, yes. But even allowing that Xianity also tends to desexualise childhood, while it insinuates there is nothing natural about sexuality, it seems a heck of a leap to pedophilic violence.

:hmm:

Is it the office which corrupts these people, or what? Are they just thrill-seeking perverts who love the idea of blaspheming in such an epic way? Or perhaps they are dominated by their urges yet remain intensely guilty about them, such that an on-off cycle of piety and depravity is the only way they can maintain sanity?

More like the Church just provides opportunities for nonces to get at kids in seclusion or isolation, and gives them the difficult-to-challenge moral authority that makes it harder for the children to complain or for other adults to voice their suspicions.

Xianity also tends to desexualise childhood, while it insinuates there is nothing natural about sexuality, it seems a heck of a leap to pedophilic violence.

When I said there really is nothing natural about sexuality, there really is nothing natural about it.

But does Christianity really do what you claim? To desexualize childhood is the act of a power relation, assuming innocence to children, rather than allowing their psychic expression its relative autonomy. How hypocritical. But it may be said that it is the society based on landed property which Christianity had to be applied to, rather than it itself. It came from a very different world to Europe.

When I said there really is nothing natural about sexuality, there really is nothing natural about it.
um, that word natural ... I'm not sure it means what you think it means.

And any gesture I make to you will therefore be a destructive one that I cannot ever foreclose and in a designated space.

It's like trying to decipher the writings of a member of the Frankfurt school after said member has suffered a massive neurological insult.

Are you possessed by the spirit of gorski? :confused:

Xianity elevates it to a cosmic principle, yes. But even allowing that Xianity also tends to desexualise childhood, while it insinuates there is nothing natural about sexuality, it seems a heck of a leap to pedophilic violence.

It's only a "heck of a leap" if you're rational, though, not if you're playing the part of a holy fool a la ibn Khaldoun.

It's like trying to decipher the writings of a member of the Frankfurt school after said member has suffered a massive neurological insult.

Are you possessed by the spirit of gorski? :confused:

As in the spirit of that person who said he wished he was brainwashed with the ideas of Marx, I also wish I were possessed of the spirit of Gorski.

It's only a "heck of a leap" if you're rational, though, not if you're playing the part of a holy fool a la ibn Khaldoun.

Christianity makes paedophilia possible institutionally because love is abstracted from human qualities. No catholic preist was a paedo before he became one.

Christianity makes paedophilia possible institutionally because love is abstracted from human qualities.
No, Christianity makes paedophilia possible through the effects of some of the non-biblical injunctions it lays upon the priesthood. Celibacy and chastity are not part of the usual human practice.
No catholic preist was a paedo before he became one.
No paedophile was a paedophile before he became one.

See, I too can write meaningless stating of the bloody obvious faux-intellectual crap, and I don't even need an Arab-sounding name to do so!!

Back
Top Bottom