Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wes Streeting's time is up

steveseagull

You read it here first (or to be more exact the FT).

Bit confusing as we were told that Starmer had saved the Labour party from the aftermath of the bloke who made jam, pottered around on his allotment and wanted to give people free broadband and a pay rise. But it seems the Blairites are sharpening their blades as Starmer is a bit hard left for them and the Blairites will finish off anyone who is not an exact replica of Sir Antony Lynton Blair who these days, emerges from his coffin on a weekly basis to make rare interventions about 'woke' and stuff.

So anyway, in the timeless tradition of Jess Phillips, Chuka and the rest of the Change UK lot, centrist MSM have their new great saviour lined up and it is none other than Wes Streeting. Expect to see a glossy three pager and front page of the Sunday Times supplement in a newsagent near you soon.

Famed for being over enthusiastic about smacking children around, dogged by persistent non proven allegations that he got drunk and burned a pet shop down and videos aplenty of him singing 'oh Jeremy Corbyn' whilst off his face on catnip alongside the mega communist fella from Novara Media , this is now the man who will save the Labour Party.

Wes has a large $$$ leadership campaign war chest built up and can smell blood in the water and he is currently circling a flailing Sir Keith like a shit shark and I do not think Keith stands a cat in hell's chance once Wes decides to take one of his legs off as a warning to get out of Dodge City. He may not even need to do that if Keith has in fact needlessly shot his career in the foot over a curry piss up in one of the worst political strategies since Owen Smith ran against the jam bloke for the leadership and spent his entire campaign talking about the size of his cock.

I will change the thread title to 'Wes Streeting's time is up' when he becomes leader and then we can watch in awe as the Blairites decide to take him down a couple of years into his leadership for being too hard left.

Happy days:

Last edited:
I swear I saw something on the news referring to him as a "Labour heavyweight" or something and was just left thinking "Wes Streeting, heavyweight? Really?"

Perhaps he is. No-one has convinced me that it is Starmer that's for sure. I stand by my belief that the next Labour PM is still at Uni possibly even still at school and blissfully unaware of the fate that awaits him/her.

Update.

Phil Collins (no not that one) who wrote Keith's tepid and long winded conference speech last year and declared it's brilliance and proudly proclaimed ' all the right people loved it' (Tonty and Ian Dunt etc) has thrown Keith under the bus and is now backing our Wes.

TLDR; Wes is 'quick and bald'. (early sign's assessment in the New Statesman)

Lots of people on this Twitter thread (below) are pointing out that the pet shop arson allegations might thwart him from leading a nation of animal lovers and others are pointing out that he threatened to kick a dog in the face on Twitter which he actually did.

Phil Collins (no not that one) has not been back to address these animal cruelty issues so I can only assume he is busy doing some damage limitation work.

All in all, it is not going too great, even at this early stage of fluffing him up to the max, and would be going considerably better if social media and the internet simply did not exist. .

Last edited:
Update.

Phil Collins (no not that one) who wrote Keith's tepid and long winded conference speech last year and declared it's brilliance and proudly proclaimed ' all the right people loved it' (Tonty and Ian Dunt etc) has thrown Keith under the bus and is now backing our Wes.

TLDR; Wes is 'quick and bald'. (early sign's assessment in the New Statesman)
Christ, you know a politician is short of winning qualities if the most favourable thing his supporters can think of to say about him is to inaccurately claim he's got no hair.

It's unclear to me whether the pet shop arson story is something made up by shitposters for lols or a real thing - anyone got the lowdown?

My ex worked with Wes for a while and I know him a bit. It's fair to say that he has what some might describe as a sense of humour that can get him in trouble. And often isn't that funny. Which isn't to say the pet shop thing isn't true but I would guess he was just going along with the joke. Replying to a question with "the charges were dropped" is a very 2015 memeish answer and very on brand for him.

I quite like him in a way but Labour would be mad to elect him as leader for that as well as other reasons.

Back
Top Bottom