Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Watford Sack Manager With 2 Vital Games Left

Looking at a Watford forum it's not all down to results, he's had a barney with the owners

Watford had 8 points from 15 games when he took over and were 8 points off safety. He's got a better win percentage than any of the previous 5 managers. He's taken them 3 points away from the drop with 2 games to go.

They deserve to go down for sacking him (subject to some serious allegations or something - this does smell of being about something other than results).

They went through four managers the season they got promoted. It obviously works for them* :thumbs:

*unless they end up getting relegated after all, in which case I take back the above.

Watford have Man City and Arsenal in their last two games. Villa have Arsenal and West Ham. Bournemouth have Everton but win that with Watford losing both matches with a -4 goal difference and Bournemouth could yet stay up.

So if Watford wins 2-0 and Villa wins 1-0 then Villa still go up because they've scored more goals.

Pearson will probably take over from Hodgson. Might be worth a little punt...
Yep, was thinking that last night. Forget last few games, Woy has done a good job and he was being offered another years deal. I know he's local as well, but he is not getting any younger. Yep, be happy with a pint in Pearson.

So nerve wracking. Doubt we've any chance against Arsenal?
Arsenal don't have a great deal to play for and no matter what Arteta says about putting out his strongest team it'd be weird if a couple of them don't have an eye on the cup final on August 1st.

That said I think Villa will better Watford's result against the Hammers, and all they have to do is not be any worse.

I think Bournemouth and Watford for the drop, sadly.

Arsenal don't have a great deal to play for and no matter what Arteta says about putting out his strongest team it'd be weird if a couple of them don't have an eye on the cup final on August 1st.

That said I think Villa will better Watford's result against the Hammers, and all they have to do is not be any worse.

I think Bournemouth and Watford for the drop, sadly.
I'd really like Bournemouth to beat the drop, but think the odds are against them. Never say never, because sport, but Bournemouth and Watford certainly seems most likely on the face of it.

Back
Top Bottom