Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Water Tower for sale...

Interesting. We seriously looked into buying the Lambeth water tower when we were first looking to move 2 years ago but it was bought by someone else first. Did get to have a good look around.

The developers of the whole site who were building the new flats around it had already drawn up plans and obtained planning permission. those plans were really unsympathetic to the building and pretty hideous, in our view. It will be interesting to see if better plans have been drawn up for the actual project.

Interesting. We seriously looked into buying the Lambeth water tower when we were first looking to move 2 years ago but it was bought by someone else first. Did get to have a good look around.

The developers of the whole site who were building the new flats around it had already drawn up plans and obtained planning permission. those plans were really unsympathetic to the building and pretty hideous, in our view. It will be interesting to see if better plans have been drawn up for the actual project.
Yes i bought it 2 years ago.
I never went in it before i owned it, its all about the outside.
I bought it with the agreed planning permission , as i thought they were totally sympathetic and worked so well with the original building .
If you watch the show on 10/10/12 you will see how the original plans work ( in my view !!)

You already mentioned the programme. What about those of us without tv who are interested and can't/won't watch?

Also some people don't want to watch the programme.
To summarise the prog.... person(s) buys run down water tower (part of an old hospital where very important person (ME) was born) anyway, has some nice sketches/design plans about how it should look, dig through lots of pigeon poo, kevin comes to pass comment ( one good point, one bad point), a few set backs a few extra cost. One of two outcomes - it's finished near enough on time and is pretty good and everyone is happy, or it isn't finished on time, but owners are up beat and determined to get it finished.

To summarise the prog.... person(s) buys run down water tower (part of an old hospital where very important person (ME) was born) anyway, has some nice sketches/design plans about how it should look, dig through lots of pigeon poo, kevin comes to pass comment ( one good point, one bad point), a few set backs a few extra cost. One of two outcomes - it's finished near enough on time and is pretty good and everyone is happy, or it isn't finished on time, but downers are up beat and determined to get it finished.
FUNNY !!!!

Is this it?
3355117568_54661fb93e.jpg

Something along those lines.

You around Brixton tomorrow around dinnertime (the middle of the day, not the evening meal)?

Back
Top Bottom