Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Walking Across Wales in a Straight Line (trespassing)

toblerone3

Grrrrr
This is great viewing, a project to walk across Wales in a dead straight line from the English border to the sea. No footpaths heading straight across country with a GPS; climbing hedges, barbed wire fences, crossing icy rivers, swimming across lakes and always the dread of being attacked by Welsh farmers. :eek: Very brave and quite inspiring. This has gone a bit viral and the second episode has only been out two days and already has more than 6,000 comments. :cool:

Thanks for posting this. I'm enjoying the moderate [or maybe quite large ] peril of him trying to cross the first river and the self talk, questioning and swearing
So often, people who youtube their outdoor adventures are focused on being perfect with their perfect kit, he's quite funny

A great story.
It reminds me of a book by Nick Crane called Two Degrees West. In it, he walked in a straight line from the North Coast of Scotland to the South Coast of England. He varied his journey by no more than two degrees from the Meridian. He did it in one go (not taking breaks) and swam across rivers of got a boat, crawled through storm drains, slept under hedges etc. A fascinating read for the pedantic nerd.

Haven’t watched yet, but the comments here are probably enough to make me.

He must have chosen his route carefully though. There are several reservoirs it would be illegal and dangerous to cross. Not to mention a few mountains that might pose a challenge keeping a straight line.

Where is he crossing from and to? It’s ok, started watching.

Started watching the first part after it appeared on the bandwidth thread, he's a personable chap and I enjoyed it but didn't finish due to one thing or another.

SPOILER ALERT- Sort of.......
LOl but gutted for him when he got clothes wet at the lake. Never done a spoiler before, so hope it works.

Haven’t watched yet, but the comments here are probably enough to make me.

He must have chosen his route carefully though. There are several reservoirs it would be illegal and dangerous to cross. Not to mention a few mountains that might pose a challenge keeping a straight line.

Where is he crossing from and to? It’s ok, started watching.

I think he is on course to cross this reservoir.

Maisies-photo-out-of-the-restaurant.jpg

Ep 3:

While I'm enjoying these, I am despairing a little at how naively/woefully under-prepared he seems in some aspects. Specifically, not wearing his gloves all the time when scrambling over thorns, brambles and barbed wire, and apparently having no antiseptic (or first aid kit at all??! :hmm: ) :facepalm:

Ep 3:

While I'm enjoying these, I am despairing a little at how naively/woefully under-prepared he seems in some aspects. Specifically, not wearing his gloves all the time when scrambling over thorns, brambles and barbed wire, and apparently having no antiseptic (or first aid kit at all??! :hmm: ) :facepalm:

Yes, that seemed unwise to me, too. And I'd have thought slightly more waterproof boots would have helped...and multiple drybags to avoid the leak problem in Part 2.

Back
Top Bottom