Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Volcano and Earthquake watch

This looks perfect

aurora above an erupting volcano in Iceland

From

A summary of some recent findings... (suspect that they've overlooked the Castle series and Tsar Bomba).
Hunga-Tonga Hunga-Ha'apai (HT-HH) emitted the biggest atmospheric explosion recorded on Earth in more than 100 years.

I've been to Semeru (and up Bromo which is next door). Fantastic part of the world. Hope people are safe. Bromo goes off every few years.

A summary of some recent findings... (suspect that they've overlooked the Castle series and Tsar Bomba).

I find it amusing that even a (supposedly) science minded website like the first one you quoted still couldn’t resist the temptation of including populist media units of measurement for our benefit. As if ‘2.6 million Olympic size swimming pools’ is likely to be comprehensible to most people. As it happens, the more scientifically minded 10km3 is far more impressive.

Damn it, now I want to know how many double decker buses that would equate to :mad:

I find it amusing that even a (supposedly) science minded website like the first one you quoted still couldn’t resist the temptation of including populist media units of measurement for our benefit. As if ‘2.6 million Olympic size swimming pools’ is likely to be comprehensible to most people. As it happens, the more scientifically minded 10km3 is far more impressive.

Damn it, now I want to know how many double decker buses that would equate to :mad:
Assuming it's an unladen, European double-decker bus, about 133.3 Billion.

Oh, and its maximum velocity is about 25m/s

Back
Top Bottom