Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urgent Call Out: Eviction of family tomorrow in SE5

DrRingDing

'anti-human wanker'
The bailiffs are coming tomorrow at 10.30 AM to 51 Benhill Road, London SE5 7QY to evict a grandmother, mother and three daughters -- this call out comes from the fourteen-year-old daughter who is organizing the resistance. Please share the info and support. Many thanks!

Worth supporting if you're around.

"Fourteen-year-old Safie Emila Sellu, whose family is facing eviction from their home tomorrow morning at 11am, told the rally: ‘Every year we have been made to move house. On Tuesday we’re not going to school because we’re being evicted.

‘They are forcing us to move into a private flat. They are evicting, intimidating and scaring my little sisters. It’s not right.

‘They claim that they are interested in helping young people, but it’s not true.’

Safie’s mother, Aminata Sellu, said: ‘I am from Sierra Leone, where my dad was killed and my brother’s family in the civil war.

‘I want to add a few words. As an African, we travel all this way for our safety and a better life for our children. They put us in private housing.

‘Recently they moved us from Elephant and Castle to Plumpstead, so my children had to wake up at 5am to go to school. Now they have brought us back to Camberwell but they are planning to evict us on Tuesday.

‘I work as a support worker for Care UK.

‘It’s too stressful. I said to my children, no more tears, I just want to fight for my rights.’

Frank Sweeney said: ‘These comrades should be proud of themselves for refusing to be intimidated,’ and a vote was taken to go to 51 Benhill Road, SE5 7QY at 10am tomorrow to prevent the planned eviction at 11."

Quoted from the link I posted above

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom