Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Postcard Exchange - Summer 2014

Sorry, I couldn't seem to reply with quote and image properly on my phone :hmm:
Glad it arrived ok killerb

I haven't received one yet.

I made mine and stuck it in the post. I have a spare too.

Nothing has arrived for me yet though :(

Nothing has arrived here yet, but the posting deadline was only a couple of days ago.

I reckon when people change their mind about participating, they assuage their guilt by simply pretending the exchange isn't happening. Your recipient, I note from my files, doesn't seem to have posted on the thread at all, so I suspect they've dropped out.

Shame that means your postcard is lost in the ether (or maybe on someone's fridge unaknowledged), but that seems to be the way it goes.
I won't send the replacement then :D

I got one last night, but not sure if it's part of this or not :hmm:

I got one a few minutes ago and will post it up once I've sorted out my camera.

For now, thank you. :D

Mine is in the post, first class, with apologies for lateness. But to a London postcode so shouldn't take long. Not received anything yet (unless the builders liked it so much they nicked it).

Hooray!

photo-724785.JPG

Thank you! Greetings from my new balcony! And it looks like you wasted used up just as much printer ink as I did on mine :thumbs:

who did this? I love it. it reminds me of an album cover, I'll just see if I can dig it out...

WP_20140710_20_09_50_Pro_zpsaebd78a0.jpg

WP_20140710_20_09_45_Pro_zpsf2045378.jpg

that one's mine...i'm glad you liked it! it's a collage of a photo from an video art exhibition showing dali's un chien andalou, with panels cut out of a cheapo comic book....clobbered together very quickly as i've just moved house and all my stuff is in boxes, hence the rough edges.....

photo of the one I received as soon as I'm not forgetful :oops:

Last edited:
I did Greebo's one. :blush:
Those birds could only have been drawn by somebody who's really looked at them in flight, there was good use of colour, graceful lines, and the shading was spot on.

If this card was your idea of "woefully inadequate" (maybe it was, compared to the picture in your head), I'd love to see your idea of "good enough" when you get there.

Back
Top Bottom