Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Postcard Exchange - Summer 2014

Finished mine, took a photo, and am posting it today. Here's hoping it'll get there.

BTW I started one or two earlier, but they didn't work out. :oops:

The bloke at the post office was very apologetic about the price of a stamp, I'm not sure why; it's a lot cheaper than trying to deliver the postcard in person would be.

oh I wish I hadn't joined in, I've had a very stressful week at work and now I have only a few hours and I don't know what to do. I am crap at this (arty tings). Oh why have I done this to myself? Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was thinking mine will look like a child's...so that's certainly an option :D <snip>
Naive art* FTW

When he started out (very young), Picasso was able to draw like Raphael and he spent years working out how to simplify images back to something which was just about recognisable but not very representational.

*and every other kind.

I have just inked up the impromptu intaglio plate (a sheet of perspex into with I scratched my design with various sharp things), wiped it off so the ink was only in the scratches, and am now attempting to emulate the pressure of an intaglio press via the medium of heavy books and a large clamp.

I sent mine ages ago. :(

Is there a rule that you can't post it on urban until 7th?
No, the posting deadline was/is the 7th. To be aimed at.

Not a reason to give up if you really can't do anything before then.

FWIW I sent mine earlier this week but don't expect it to arrive before the end of the coming week.

Stupid question: Do I send as I would a postcard? Or do I put it in an envelope?
Part of the art thing is that you take a chance on somebody in the postal system liking it too much, or where the postmark ends up, so send it without an envelope if you possibly can.

OTOH if you believe that it really needs an envelope, use one. And photograph first, if at all possible, just in case it doesn't arrive.

Part of the art thing is that you take a chance on somebody in the postal system liking it too much, or where the postmark ends up, so send it without an envelope if you possibly can.

OTOH if you believe that it really needs an envelope, use one. And photograph first, if at all possible, just in case it doesn't arrive.

I think it's unlikely that someone will like it too much! OTOH, I have done it, so I'm a little bit pleased with myself.

Yeh shut up ye cuntface super-ego

Back
Top Bottom