Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Turkey, ISIS, Kurds and Syria

Election tomorrow. A friend of mine just shared this on facebook:

Any speculation on why police in Istanbul are starting to barricade the neighborhoods (access to main streets) from Mecidiyekoy to Taxsim? Last time this happened, 1 May, I was literally trapped in my neighborhood with no way to even walk out. Isn't there supposed to be an election tomorrow? I understood about 1 May, but barricading people into their neighborhoods on the eve of an election seems incredible to me. Perhaps, I got it all wrong.

Pathetic. And this khan sounds well dodgy.

That said, must be other venues to just make sure it happens?

Edit: oh, it was planned for yesterday and he's now gone to the US.

I got back from Turkey (Istanbul) two days before the elections. Impressions were that the Kurdish party seemed relatively popular, that there was some definite tension around the elections (no-one wanted to talk about them, save for the fact they'd delayed putting the clocks back for them), and potentially the fact they cancelled the fireworks on Republic Day, but no-one was certain that was down to the elections.

Definitely didn't see much trouble, spirits seemed to be high, but reports of people being barricaded into neighbourhoods are terrifying.

CTsIS9VWoAE-m0R.jpg

This Khan cock is now holding a debate on freedom of speech 30th. Plenty time to organise something.

gawkrodger

Aye, it has been noted (though I'm not in London then).

I think people are slightly less bothered as the ban has overturned, Macer is speaking the following week and there are more people booked to attend then we could ever have hoped for before the publicity from the ban!

Aye, it has been noted (though I'm not in London then).

I think people are slightly less bothered as the ban has overturned, Macer is speaking the following week and there are more people booked to attend then we could ever have hoped for before the publicity from the ban!
It's a trap - when he loses he'll use it to argue he's ok to invite an ISIS speaker.

Given that that can't they target them in any meaningful way the thing can only be read as monitored and made us of RE russian air force defending us. If this is what rojava ends up as ....
You don't think that they have the capability to bring down choppers?

Given that that can't they target them in any meaningful way the thing can only be read as monitored and made us of russian air force defending us (rojava) If this is what rojava ends up as ....

What input do the communities get on this wonder?

they are already receiving Russian air support, it's not like they are in a position to refuse it though, are they?

Back
Top Bottom