Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

They are. Thameslink is getting an entirely new fleet of trains and loads of platforms have been lengthened.
But they're not going to lengthen ours because there is a bridge at either end of it. I think Tulse Hill was given as the reason why they were stopping Bedford line trains at Blackfriars. They wanted all those to be 12 carriages but they couldn't run it South of the river because they can't upgrade Tulse Hill station to accept them.

But they're not going to lengthen ours because there is a bridge at either end of it. I think Tulse Hill was given as the reason why they were stopping Bedford line trains at Blackfriars. They wanted all those to be 12 carriages but they couldn't run it South of the river because they can't upgrade Tulse Hill station to accept them.
That's correct.
When the works are complete, Tulse Hill *could* get more Thameslink trains, but they would have to terminate at Blackfriars.

I totally blurted out to him that I heard he dyed his hair! He looked quite perturbed. I think he thinks Tulse Hill is stalking him.

We had a conversation about music yesterday. I have time for Clarke

I love CK he's my fave person in there. Tina? Who?

Co op worker pose-able action figures....

37608-1.jpg

White Hart was open and I had the pleasure of a drink with John. He is the new George without asking for a quid or if you love him....

A group of Feast planners were sat next to the skanky toilets again......I have no idea why they meet there as it isn't for the ambience.

I gave up on trains ages ago and now just get the bus in to brixton/vauxhall....I know I'm going to be later but can't be arsed to pack in like a muppet. I'd rather take an extra 30mins with a seat and relax...work can wait.

I should stop being a lazy fuck and get back on my bike though :(

I don't post massively but this is weird/fucked.

Last night some racist shit scratched on my outgoing wall....it wasn't graffiti as it was embedded in my brick. I got a stone and spent 20 mins rubbbing it away this morning....obv it weren't aimed at me but it was on my wall pissed me off as I get on with my neighbours. Has anyone else had this recently?

Do I look like I live in Bexleyheath...... CUNTS!

I don't post massively but this is weird/fucked.

Last night some racist shit scratched on my outgoing wall....it wasn't graffiti as it was embedded in my brick. I got a stone and spent 20 mins rubbbing it away this morning....obv it weren't aimed at me but it was on my wall pissed me off as I get on with my neighbours. Has anyone else had this recently?

Do I look like I live in Bexleyheath...... CUNTS!

yuck.. that is weird!

White Hart was open and I had the pleasure of a drink with John. He is the new George without asking for a quid or if you love him....

A group of Feast planners were sat next to the skanky toilets again......I have no idea why they meet there as it isn't for the ambience.
It's mainly middle aged, middle class ladies who buy one non alcoholic drink for the whole sitting. No wonder the place is being given up by the current tenants, for that and a million other reasons.

It's mainly middle aged, middle class ladies who buy one non alcoholic drink for the whole sitting. No wonder the place is being given up by the current tenants, for that and a million other reasons.

Quite - although "middle aged" might be pushing it unless they live to 140....scary bunch!

What other reasons apart from idiots like me popping in for the occasional pint might there be???

yuck.. that is weird!

Yes it was and I wasn't happy....Gone now though along with about a .5cm of bricks :)

I always feel guilty about everything anyway so worried my neighbours though it was a statement I decided to advertise by scratching on the walls...lol.

Quite - although "middle aged" might be pushing it unless they live to 140....scary bunch!

What other reasons apart from idiots like me popping in for the occasional pint might there be???
They have lacked consistency since they took over. Crazy closing times, i.e. They close when the staff on duty feel like closing, even if there are still people sat at the bar well before 10pm; the owner rarely makes an appearance; the staff act like kids and there doesn't appear to be a manager; the owner wanted to socially cleanse the place by getting rid of the locals but shot himself in the foot as those people were the main source of their income...I could go on but I think these are plenty of reasons why it didn't succeed.

Apparently they have found new tenants so it will hopefully remain open without a big break inbetween. Let's hope the people that it take over know what they're doing and actually give a toss about the place.

It needs a deep, deep clean and new bogs too.

They have lacked consistency since they took over. Crazy closing times, i.e. They close when the staff on duty feel like closing, even if there are still people sat at the bar well before 10pm; the owner rarely makes an appearance; the staff act like kids and there doesn't appear to be a manager; the owner wanted to socially cleanse the place by getting rid of the locals but shot himself in the foot as those people were the main source of their income...I could go on but I think these are plenty of reasons why it didn't succeed.

Apparently they have found new tenants so it will hopefully remain open without a big break inbetween. Let's hope the people that it take over know what they're doing and actually give a toss about the place.

It needs a deep, deep clean and new bogs too.

True true...I remember getting there at 4pm on a Weds/Thurs once and had to help an old dear up to the cafe by the station as it hadn't opened over an hour later...she was sat on the step with her zimmer.

I had to go to the toilets twice and apologised profusely to the crowd as the stench was terrible every time you opened the door.

I don't agree that they tried to socially cleanse the place though as they still allow **** in...they just don't give a fuck....anyway like you said lets hope they sort it out next time.

Last edited:
now, now no naming names...

Name deleted.

I will take it on the chin for naming George though. He found out where I lived and used to knock for me\a quid... I'd always get a hug though. As for John he needs to be talked about and helped.

Anyone seen George recently btw?

It's not about who they 'allow' in, it's about how they set the place up. To be fair though, I think a lot of regulars were put off in the first month or so by the presence of the bouncers...

I'd forgotten about them...ridiculous for such a small place.

Name deleted.

I will take it on the chin for naming George though. He found out where I lived and used to knock for me\a quid... I'd always get a hug though. As for John he needs to be talked about and helped.

Anyone seen George recently btw?
Did he have learning difficulties?

I come across **** quite a bit in non-pub situations. She probably wouldn't really know who I am, other than a neighbour, but she's always been friendly - we're often in shops at the same time and she has a lot of time for people. I like her. Plus there was that thing with the ducklings.

ION.. my neighbours are telling me there's were a few break-ins in the area (the Palace Road/leigham Vale/Kinfauns triangle) last night.

Back
Top Bottom