Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

They have a Lidl community website. I signed up and made several posts about how much I love Lidl, which wines I buy, bratwurst etc and the mod pmed me and asked if I would be interested. I offered my services again, but I haven't heard from them, although I haven't posted since.

They have a Lidl community website. I signed up and made several posts about how much I love Lidl, which wines I buy, bratwurst etc and the mod pmed me and asked if I would be interested. I offered my services again, but I haven't heard from them, although I haven't posted since.
:cool::thumbs:

it's being rebranded as 'South Streatham' by estate agents :facepalm:

It's got one of the two branches of Lahore Kebab House in it, and an ice-cream parlour which was a bit like one you'd expect to find in an entertainment complex in Ryslip, or Crawley.

it's being rebranded as 'South Streatham' by estate agents :facepalm:

It's got one of the two branches of Lahore Kebab House in it, and an ice-cream parlour which was a bit like one you'd expect to find in an entertainment complex in Ryslip, or Crawley.

That's Creams.. they're all over the place - there's one in Brixton too. We went to a kids b'day party there a few weeks ago and still have shed loads of leftover icecream in our freezer - they're humungous!

Me and Mrs 'liver got almost chucked out of Creams by having a proper 'cover the children's ears' style stand up argument in there. That might have soured my experience of it's ice cream/confectionaryness.

well I just had a "bean burger" in the Tulse Hill Hotel (from the bar menu - not the restaurant) that was utter utter shite. NOT a bean burger but one of those deep friend mashed potato with veg in it things that I hate. so basically mashed potato in a burger bun with chips. yum. :( I would have complained but I didn't want to spoil my friends' evening. I might write and say something though because that's the only veggie thing on the bar menu and i'll definitely not go back to eat there again if that's all there is to offer.

well I just had a "bean burger" in the Tulse Hill Hotel (from the bar menu - not the restaurant) that was utter utter shite. NOT a bean burger but one of those deep friend mashed potato with veg in it things that I hate. so basically mashed potato in a burger bun with chips. yum. :( I would have complained but I didn't want to spoil my friends' evening. I might write and say something though because that's the only veggie thing on the bar menu and i'll definitely not go back to eat there again if that's all there is to offer.
Tell them. Send them an email and let them know how shit it was. It isn't cheap. If they don't know how pissed off you are then they can't do anything.

Yes, it's agreed that we really must complain and explain why you didn't at the time. I think so many people don't say anything because of the reason you put forward or they simply don't know how.

gaijingirl, you definitely can complain!

Do it!!

The THH is coming in for some direct hits here at the U75 heavy weight eating championships. The Veggie Burger has taken a direct hit, the potted salmon floored and the hipster beards slammed...

We're only a few rounds in and it's already getting food fight ugly....can the rarebit be enough to keep the THH's head up above the water in the electrifying grudge match that has arisen since The THH dared to address themselves as Herne Hill....

181163752-dpi-phil-geib-color-illustration-of-a-philly-gettyimages.jpg

I'll own up and say that I recently got taken out there for a meal in the restaurant and it was bloody gorgeous to be fair - a fine Tulse Hill establishment. But that veggie burger :(:( - straight out of Herne Hill. :mad:

Is this the great thh backlash?

dunno - but I did write to them. Tbf.. I was really impressed when we went out for dinner so it's probably a typical "oh shit what shall we do for the veggies" thing.. but it was so so dire. Basically it was exactly the sort of veggie burger I would pick up at the kebab shop at the end of the road at 2am for a couple of quid. I wonder what they'll say? Me, being me - I'm worried they'll take offence. :facepalm: But ultimately, I wont eat there again because there's no other option on the bar menu and, whilst it was lovely, we won't be back at the restaurant any time soon.

dunno - but I did write to them. Tbf.. I was really impressed when we went out for dinner so it's probably a typical "oh shit what shall we do for the veggies" thing.. but it was so so dire. Basically it was exactly the sort of veggie burger I would pick up at the kebab shop at the end of the road at 2am for a couple of quid. I wonder what they'll say? Me, being me - I'm worried they'll take offence. :facepalm: But ultimately, I wont eat there again because there's no other option on the bar menu and, whilst it was lovely, we won't be back at the restaurant any time soon.
I still haven't been in...

Back
Top Bottom