Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

I just asked the guy what happens if all the seats are taken. Will you turn people away?

He said 'don't think this pub has had that problem for some time'

'You'd be surprised...'

'Well...we'll deal with that if it happens. I saw you looking at the menu a couple of times...see anything you like?'

'Too many carbs for me, mate.'

'Perhaps as a treat?'

'A £9 hot dog aint a treat. Its just a bad investment'

I just popped into the Co op and I would like to nominate Julieta as the loveliest person working there. Every time I go in she has the sweetest, kindest smile and always has something nice to say.

Bloody ridiculous! Like so your only allowed to stand up to go to the bar, have a piss and leave? What is this shit :D

Hipster control mechanisms. A more stringent form of social control than the last lot of wannabe gentrifiers who wanted to turn tulse hill hill into a place they live in and not a place they joined. Reclaim Tulse Hill anyone?

My, soon to be 18 year, just said 'so the last owners quit cos they made no money and the new owners want to keep people out? Weird!'

This is hilarious :D
(if it wasn't so sad to see a pub going out of business over and over and over)

No hats allowed?

Right, I'm going in with my trainers and a hat on...tell me they're allowing jeans?!:rolleyes::facepalm:

It's like going out in Newcastle in the 90's...

The White Hart is open.

Cash only.

No standing allowed. You have to sit at a table with your drink :hmm:

I am yet to challenge this..but give me 5 minutes.

3 beardy hipster are running the bar.

Menu is pulled meat in buns...dawgs (hot dawgs) and sharing plates...

Oh and there's a cocktail menu.
This sounds ridiculous, seriously its a pub not a restaurant, no trainers, unbelievable, will give them 8 months

I think they will bend quite quickly given the amount of hipsters in retro trainers that will want to go in and suck their pulled pork!

Hats was a joke...

I was wearing jeans, a hoodie and desert boots. I walked (I was on the phone). Bloke said 'it's cash only and you have to drink sat at a table.

I hovered about talking on phone, perched on edge on the arm of a sofa, and he came over and asked me to sit down.

An guy came in with trainers and he turned him away saying 'sorry no trainers'

There were a couple of old regulars in there and their faces were a picture. They left after one drink.

I did make a joke to one of them (loudly)...'you sit still and drink that quietly!'

The tall beard wasnt very impressed.

I grinned at him.

I suspect I'll be barred fairly quickly.

Well....I'm away to Dublin again now, so keep me updated, folks. I look forward to hearing your experiences.

Oh, they repainted the bogs all white, but other than that they're still shit.

They also have fancy screening on the windows and their meat is free range.

So when's the meet up Urbs? I can do Friday night.

I'm in (although I need to check if I have chucked out if I've thrown out my very, um, distressed plimsoles (they count as trainers, right?) first.)

Back
Top Bottom