Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

From what I just read it was dead posh before WW2 and then after WW2 it became less so but yes T & P, it is once again becoming quite dead posh.

I was looking at the gallery section of their website and noticed this lovely old image of the place

postcardedit-w800h800.jpg

Not sure about the woman with the pram and kids, and the little girl following them, though. Earliest known example of photoshopping? :D

Photoshopped that for their beer mats. I think they lady and pram are from old pics of the Tulse Hill Hotel.

Hard to imagine the the guy who recently ran the white hart had another job as a graphic designer innit?

I like the cloud around them.....like they smell and the little girl walking behind can't stand to walk beside them...

on the recommendation of ohmyliver and his good lady we tried Village Masaleh for the first time last night and it was delicious. Really rubbish online ordering system and we also tried, unsuccessfully to order over the phone - but teething problems. It was really yummy and a good level of spice too.
It's not the best, but it's good, imho. Comfort food really.

In other news. We got a bird feeder, and it's attracted a coal tit, as well as a robin, and a curious squirrel. All of which (especially the last) is very entertaining to my daughter.

Is the brown paper the signal for the final demise of the White Hart, or is this just an ongoing symbol of that establishment's death throes?

Saw a couple of fire engines & a bit of smoke - I think coming from the little post office on the giratory this evening. Anyone know more? Hope noone's hurt...

Saw a couple of fire engines & a bit of smoke - I think coming from the little post office on the giratory this evening. Anyone know more? Hope noone's hurt...

Not sure, all was good when i passed but i am pretty sure last year some cock wombles turned up in there and tried to rob the place by setting fire to it

I don't t know if this has been reported yet but someone has spilled paint on the pavement on Avenue Park Road, on the corner of Maley Ave. I just reported it.

It looks like a car has driven into it and then tracked it up the street.

The paint is still wet and spreadable so be aware when walking late at night.IMG_0296.JPG

Police van, police cars, ambulance and lots of plod all over the bottom of Palace Road...
There was a man in a garden, he looked to be in a distressed state, he looked like he could be drunk, but he was a good age as well. There was a police van and a car as I walked past.

There was a man in a garden, he looked to be in a distressed state, he looked like he could be drunk, but he was a good age as well. There was a police van and a car as I walked past.
Aw, quite a lot of fuss over not a great deal then. Mind you, there are quite a few eldery people on the bottom of Palace Road so perhaps there was a sense of panic.

Back
Top Bottom