Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tulse Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Anyone know if the White Hart is open today. I went out but not into TH. Think the Railway will be heaving today but may be nice to sit in the Tulse garden as haven't done that yet.

WH open on 8th. Apparently someone that used to drink in there back in the day is opening it...that's my TH news for the day.

Anyone know if the White Hart is open today. I went out but not into TH. Think the Railway will be heaving today but may be nice to sit in the Tulse garden as haven't done that yet.
Did you go to the Tulse garden? I'd imagine it will do very well, although I can't think of many redeeming features, other than it is outside and you can drink there.

I'm sure that there are no shortage of takers. People who are happy to spunk away their life savings, work 80-hour weeks and spend every waking moment talking to drunks or else worrying about who has their hand in the till, all to live some Dirty Den fantasy for eighteen months before ending up homeless.

Well I, for one, call upon the new owner to sell the drink at £2 / pint. Yes, it may bankrupt you but that's going to happen anyway. This will just speed up the inevitable. At least the pub will be full while you're there.

The last cunt lived in a dream world.....not sure it was dirty den though....he just thought he was gonna bring some fanciful gentrified state of moronic bliss to Tulse Hill.

Well...Tulse Hill showed that prick. We have our own moronic bliss, and it doesn't involve cup cakes and £5 pork pies!

Stand up comedian Andrew Maxwell was in the Tulse tonight. Fuck knows who he is. My kid pointed him out.

Yeah, yeah....you and your mates in the Tulse...

image.jpg

The last cunt lived in a dream world.....not sure it was dirty den though....he just thought he was gonna bring some fanciful gentrified state of moronic bliss to Tulse Hill.

Well...Tulse Hill showed that prick. We have our own moronic bliss, and it doesn't involve cup cakes and £5 pork pies!
Pizzas were still great tho.

on the recommendation of ohmyliver and his good lady we tried Village Masaleh for the first time last night and it was delicious. Really rubbish online ordering system and we also tried, unsuccessfully to order over the phone - but teething problems. It was really yummy and a good level of spice too.

on the recommendation of ohmyliver and his good lady we tried Village Masaleh for the first time last night and it was delicious. Really rubbish online ordering system and we also tried, unsuccessfully to order over the phone - but teething problems. It was really yummy and a good level of spice too.
Surprised you couldn't get through on the phone, that's unusual. Glad you liked it, it's been my curry of choice for many, many years.

Til they started to use cheaper ingredients in order to make more profit....
I think the point originally made was that they weren't making *any* profit, so you can't really blame them. It doesn't make sense to keep throwing money away.

They're a failed business which is part of what makes our economy work. And you can only admire them for trying (well, I can at least).

The Railway appear to have done the same with their drinks/food and since backed down quite quickly. At least the service was friendly in the White Hart. It's shite in the Railway.

Surprised you couldn't get through on the phone, that's unusual. Glad you liked it, it's been my curry of choice for many, many years.

we did get through, but when I was ordering stuff off their online menu he was confused "fried vegetable what?" I wasn't sure if it was that he didn't know the menu or couldn't hear - at first I thought I'd called the wrong place because every item was met with confusion - I think I was speaking clearly - it did sound noisy there though. So he said it was better we order online. Which we did - but terrible terrible online ordering form.

Can't believe we've not used them before!

I quite like it there too, though after a no of visits I found that whatever chicken based curry I ordered it looked more or less the same. I wouldn't order from there to 'treat' myself like I would with Saffron but it's perfectly serviceable and good for the price. And they're v friendly. Though I have had some awkward moments on the phone where I'm not sure they've quite got what I'm ordering.

Though I have had some awkward moments on the phone where I'm not sure they've quite got what I'm ordering.

yeah.. even after doing the online thing (which didn't go smoothly at all) we were not entirely confident the food was going to come. But it did and we stuffed ourselves. :D

Apparently the Hart use to house a fine dining restaurant. So a long time ago, Tulse Hill was the centre of gentrification?

Back
Top Bottom