Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tommy Robinson, the court case and (guffaw) 'free speech'

Intersting piece in The Times regarding Danny Tommo , once Yaxley Lennon's 'right' hand man. Posters might remember this photo of UKIP round the table with both Y-L and Tommo.

View attachment 244907

The woman present is Lisa Barbounis who at the times was working for the Middle East Forum , a right wing US organisation which funded SYLs activities for a while. . Long story short, Barbounis parted company with MEF alleging sexual harassment against a senior figure and launched a court case, MEF launch a counter court case which includes allegations that she had an affair with Tommo , planned to move to the UK to live with him. The allegation is supported by Tommo's ex missus Jazz Bishop ( who he was still with at the time) who had contacted the MEF about the affair. .Part of the MEF allegations is that monies were spent on 'cocaine which Tommo bought for her and them having a bit of rumpy pumpy in hotels. Approx 7k went to Tommo in purchasing a house . Court documents claim that Thomas was helping the MEF with its case against Mrs Barbounis but broke off contact. its also alleged that Barbounis now working for some loony Republican used her position in the House of Representative to threaten Jazz Bishop( Tommos ex) and Thomas.

Fascinating post- although this photo not quite as excruciating as them signing up to weirdo far-right chancer Paul Weston's "British Freedom Party" in 2012. One of the more awkward and cackhanded press conferences I've ever seen.

Weston goes through far-right groupuscules the way that wayward unfit footballers go through fourth division clubs. Since the BFP the posh oddball has led and folded at least two other outfits and was last heard of scrambling for a place on the sub's bench of "For Britain".

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 10.45.29.png

Fascinating post- although this photo not quite as excruciating as them signing up to weirdo far-right chancer Paul Weston's "British Freedom Party" in 2012. One of the more awkward and cackhanded press conferences I've ever seen.

Weston goes through far-right groupuscules the way that wayward unfit footballers go through fourth division clubs. Since the BFP the posh oddball has led and folded at least two other outfits and was last heard of scrambling for a place on the sub's bench of "For Britain".

View attachment 279400
Remember that event/non event . On the face of it it had some potential, aside from Weston's ineptitude I cant help thinking if there was some sabotage ?

Remember that event/non event . On the face of it it had some potential, aside from Weston's ineptitude I cant help thinking if there was some sabotage ?

One of the original angry far right bloggers. The fact that he sounded more like the Archbishop of Canterbury meant that no one took him very seriously, I suspect. Just remember that event being super stilted and odd, with Cousin Kev desperately trying to read his own membership card on camera. IIRC Cousin Kev ended up as the chairman whilst the ousted Paul took his perfect clipped diction with him and formed Liberty GB, which later then flirted before joining up with For Britain, then there was Pegida UK... (cont'd p.88 column 4)

Last edited:
I suppose the fact that he’s going to receive notification of the court result is a two edged sword . It spares him the embarrassment of a piss poor turnout at the court but gives him another victim card that his support were denied ‘their right’ to show there support. Either way if he’s guilty the bowl is coming out .

Unfortunately any fine he gets will be covered and then some by all the dickwits who chip into his inevitable crowdfunder.

From the judge:

The most significant element of the damages award that I fix will be the need for vindication. This judgment – but more importantly – the award of damages will mark clearly that the Defendant has failed to demonstrate the truth of his allegations. The Defendant took on the burden of proving his allegations to be true. He has failed. In reality, and for the reasons I have explained, his evidence fell woefully short. He has, however, persisted with the serious allegations he originally made, and has even added to them during the proceedings. The Claimant has had to face them in the full glare and publicity of a High Court trial. It is my responsibility to make clear that the Defendant has failed in his defence of truth, to vindicate the Claimant and to award him a sum in damages that represents fair compensation. The sum I award is £100,000.

Back
Top Bottom