Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Titanic tourist sub missing

I think you maybe making your own assumptions about people from Pakistan.

Looks like he's been upgraded to British status now, at least by the BBC

British businessman Shahzada Dawood, from one of Pakistan's richest families, was travelling with his son, Suleman, on the sub...

...The Dawood family, who live in Surbiton, south-west London, are in Canada for a month.

1687269538814.png

The press is reporting DEEP ENERGY, a pipelay ship, has arrived at the scene. This is a very capable, dynamically positioned, ship (and very similar to the ship I'm on at the moment). It will be equipped with a couple of ROVs, as above. Whether they are set up for 3,800 m of water I don't know...the brochure says up to 3,000 m. The ship looks like it was repositioning from the North Sea to North America, so they probably have all their kit on board.

Last edited:
Unless they've somehow surfaced and are bobbing about they're fucked surely?

Even if they've surfaced, they are 400 miles out in the North Atlantic in a home made wheelbarrow that with roll like a mad thing on wet grass - it'll be be like getting on a washing machine with lumps of scaffolding.

When the ARA San Juan went missing in the south Atlantic one of the big concerns was that she'd have to do an emergency surface in dreadful weather - she wasn't designed to sit on the surface in big seas and her crew would be properly bashed about - like engines and banks of batteries breaking loose and rolling around inside the sub.

She weighed 2000 tons.

This thing...?

Frantic search costing millions underway to rescue rich white people
Actually, two of the five people on the Titan have brownish skin. They are Shahzada Dawood (48) and his son Sulaiman Dawood (19), who are of Pakistani heritage.

So this is quite an awkward situation.

On the one hand it would be great if some affluent white men were to die. But this means that two brown men would die too.

What do you think ? Does the benefit of 3 dead white men outweigh the drawback of 2 brown men dying ?

It really is a puzzler. But - there is a get out. The two brown men are rich. So perhaps they deserve to die as well, despite being brown, because they are rich.

Actually, two of the five people on the Titan have brownish skin. They are Shahzada Dawood (48) and his son Sulaiman Dawood (19), who are of Pakistani heritage.

On the one hand it would be great if some affluent white men were to die. But this means that two brown men would die too.

What do you think ? Does the benefit of 3 dead white men outweigh the drawback of 2 brown men dying ?

It really is a puzzler. But - there is a get out. The two brown men are rich. So perhaps they deserve to die as well, despite being brown, because they are rich.

They two brown men are billionaires, so fuck 'em.

Even if they've surfaced, they are 400 miles out in the North Atlantic in a home made wheelbarrow that with roll like a mad thing on wet grass - it'll be be like getting on a washing machine with lumps of scaffolding.

When the ARA San Juan went missing in the south Atlantic one of the big concerns was that she'd have to do an emergency surface in dreadful weather - she wasn't designed to sit on the surface in big seas and her crew would be properly bashed about - like engines and banks of batteries breaking loose and rolling around inside the sub.

She weighed 2000 tons.

This thing...?

Close the thread, they're dead (or soon to be) aren't they?

I don't wish death on anyone.

Really everyone on there should have known better, being incredibly wealthy cannot shield you from stuff going wrong when you do something bonkers. It's like people who try to climb Everest just because they can afford it.

I take the point about them not all being white, my bad.

Doesn't change the stupidity of what they were doing and the media attention on these wealthy fools taking priority over people dying in small boats (which our government and others have shamefully made worse, instead of allowing people to travel here by safer methods).

I'm sorry you can try to justify it like that all you want, but it is because it is a handful of wealthy white blokes that it has made the news on this occasion.

There are loads of other tragic tales that could be made into news stories, but our media drives the cart so to speak - I am not in any way blaming you or holding you responsible for the coverage or for being interested, but it is what it is, and that is that we should be more interested in these lives than any others.
But two of the people of Pakistani origin, and so have brownish skin. Since 40% of the people in danger are not white, perhaps the press should concentrate on these brown people.

She weighed 2000 tons.

This thing...?
Can't be opened from the inside apparently. Now that was a bit of an oversight in the planning stages.

Back
Top Bottom