Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Titanic tourist sub missing

Jesus fucking christ, it looks right Heath Robinson, I wouldn't go to the shops in that, let alone the depths of the ocean.

Yeah, that's the thing I think. Just seems all kinds of wrong... I might go in a Triton 36000/2. Although that may be overkill given it's been to challenger deep (another 7000 odd meters). But I feel this is what the inside of a submersible should look like:

0320_06_triton_limitingfactor_05b.jpg

And the outside:

Oceans-PRO-7-19%201.jpg

(the pressure vessel is spherical, just that bit in the bottom center)

They do one for Titanic depths too... Although I don't think they've built one yet. It looks significantly cooler, and that is obviously the main criteria. Again only two crew, and a very thick acrylic sphere.

I think they give directions. In the film they get lost at one point.
It gets worse. ‘Oh, just go round again, maybe we missed the last turning’. How could anyone get into this knowing they were reliant on text messages. The more that’s revealed, the more I’m amazed that it’s even legal to do this/sell it to anyone as something they can do.

Would it have some kind of active sonar Beacon? Something that makes a loud noise automatically so that it could be located?

Also, is this a unique vessel or is it a tourist- modified version of something used in oil and gas and/or deep sea cable operations?

(pseudonarcissus perhaps?)

Back
Top Bottom