Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Titanic tourist sub missing

I would have to be paid about £250k to even consider doing this.
I’d need it multiplied by 100, plus a lot of tranquillisers - enough to be basically unconscious, and it would have to be some kind of sturdy military style vessel rather than this glorified Coke can with a fan stuck to it, and I’d need an absolute guarantee I wouldn’t be asked to look outside at the wreck. Once those conditions were all in place, I’d consider it.

I know it's a couple of miles down now, but how far was it , between where it started it's descent to the site of the wreck?
Just trying to gauge the size of the area they'd need to search.

I'm kind of assuming it's not a massive area, as it was only meant to be a tourist trip type of excursion.

If there's no radio signal underwater, why can't they just attach a bright , orange buoy to that specific sub before descent, on a REALLY long piece of rope, so it just bobs along above them?
Well it could get snagged on something, but there must be a better reason.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone - but look at the news coverage about this and the effort and money being expended on trying to rescue a small handful of rich white people, when weekly there is a death toll of people fleeing oppression in unsafe situations at sea.
Why do you keep assuming the race of these rich people? 2 of the 5 people on board are from Pakistan.

I know it's a couple of miles down now, but how far was it , between where it started it's descent to the site of the wreck?
Just trying to gauge the size of the area they'd need to search.

I'm kind of assuming it's not a massive area, as it was only meant to be a tourist trip type of excursion.

If there's no radio signal underwater, why can't they just attach a bright , orange buoy to that specific sub before descent, on a REALLY long piece of rope, so it just bobs along above them?
Well it could get snagged on something, but there must be a better reason.

Because you can’t easily get a 4km long rope?

I was at a museum some years ago and you could go into an old French naval submarine for a look. (IIRC, it was in a dry dock.)

I lasted about five minutes before I had to get out of there. I'm not super tall (about 5'6) and it felt tiny. And there had been loads of people living and working in there for months on end. Shudder.

“Mike Reiss, who travelled to see the Titanic on a submersible that has now gone missing, says it is "remarkable" how basic and simple the whole operation is.

…adding he had to sign a waiver beforehand that mentioned death three different times on the first page.”

😱
whose, his or theirs?

Back
Top Bottom