Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Titanic tourist sub missing

I think it's 1 atmosphere of pressure for 10m of water. So that's 200 Atmospheres or about 3000 psi. The tanker imploding up thread is less than 1 Atmosphere.
Pretty much spot on Sir
handy calculator here

Well if any of them are alive, they should all be, unless you think some have killed others.
No idea as to the health of them, they'll die according to their individual ability to survive but we may never know what order they died. Hopefully they'll be rescued.

Still even a few minutes thought by me, a rusty engineer and amateur diver, can devise a reasonable-chance-of-survival safety system:

1) An automatic timer starts at the beginning of the dive.
2) After say 5 hours (nominal mission duration) the timer triggers inflation of one or more heavy duty lift bags fitted to the upper surface of the vessel.
Might work unless they have a total power failure. :(

No idea as to the health of them, they'll die according to their individual ability to survive but we may never know what order they died. Hopefully they'll be rescued.

Unless someone eventually finds the vessel and, like the poor fuckers on Kursk, they leave last letters to their loved ones.

Might work unless they have a total power failure. :(
This abort system would be completely separate from and independent of the main electrical system. For increased redundancy/reliability I might install two independent control assemblies. This is normal safety engineering philosophy.

Should have called it tincan not titan

who called another boat the titan whilst going to see titanic

have they never read this book

Futility_Original_First_Edition_Cover.jpg

published before the original titanic about a ship called the titan sinking :facepalm:

This abort system would be completely separate from and independent of the main electrical system. For increased redundancy/reliability I might install two independent control assemblies. This is normal safety engineering philosophy.
That would be the sensible thing to do. :hmm:

The Titans were thrown into the sea weren’t they? They were stripped of their God status and banished from the world above the water. Isn’t that meant to be one of the horrible ironies of the original Titanic being named after them? It does seem like tempting fate to then name the viewing vessel after the same. I thought seamen were meant to be superstitious.

There is little in the world that is a tough as a PS/Xbox controller tbf. Yes they run out of batteries but they keep on going otherwise .Seems a logical choice for the budget conscious ropey tourist abyss darkness forever gelatinous ooze exploring company

The Titans were thrown into the sea weren’t they? They were stripped of their God status and banished from the world above the water. Isn’t that meant to be one of the horrible ironies of the original Titanic being named after them? It does seem like tempting fate to then name the viewing vessel after the same. I thought seamen were meant to be superstitious.
I discovered recently that the Royal Navy have to ask the titans if they can cross the equator. Then they switch the lights out, beat up the officers and then get pissed.
Sounds fab!

E2A Crossing the line:

Neptune rather than Titans. Unless he is one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom