Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 'World’s greatest classic rock cruise' will be sailing August 2025

editor

hiraethified
So is this now a thing? To be honest I wouldn't mind getting a gig playing one of these for 7 days.

World’s greatest classic rock cruise sailing August 22-29, 2025

out of Boston, MA aboard Norwegian Gem

For the first time ever, visiting four ports along Canada/New England shoreline, including Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia, Saint John, New Brunswick, and Portland, Maine

Hosted by Rock Hall of Famer Justin Hayward, the voice of The Moody Blues, and featuring performances from over 25 artists including:
Alan Parsons, Dave Mason, Starship featuring Mickey Thomas, Colin Blunstone from The Zombies, Al Stewart, Leonid & Friends (The Music of Chicago), Ambrosia, April Wine, Wishbone Ash, Honeymoon Suite, Fran Cosmo (former lead singer of Boston), and more

Public on-sale for seven-night voyage begins today (10/3) at Noon ET/9:00 am PT - $1,899 pp​

1727977139714.png

The Motörboat with Motörhead, Slayer and Anthrax probably more up my street.

I don't get these things. Once you've seen all those people play all their tunes, then what? You're still stuck on a boat with half of Mott the Hoople and the drummer from Uriah Heep.

There are way more of these music cruises than I would have expected, answering a lot of "Where are they now" questions

View attachment 445193

If somebody made a disaster movie featuring a doomed 'Titans of Rock' cruise I would definitely watch it
And, at a crucial point, a guitar hero sacrifices the life of a child to save his beloved axe. He is forever shunned, can never again get a recording contract or a booking. No-one will work with him, not musicians, engineers, or producers. No radio station will play his music, nor will any website host it. In contrast, the heroic violinist who casts aside his Stradivarius in order to save a baby goes on to fame and fortune and is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Back
Top Bottom