Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The working from home thread

I mean that's probably quite valuable to the organisation. I rarely go to the office now, but when I started I was there everyday and it was a much better learning environment for me and I built relationships which meant when we did transfer to WFH that calling each other for random chat on teams about how everything is going feels way more natural. Weirdly I don't want my next job to be so much WFH (but I also hate commuting which does limit my options somewhat). :D
It's the commute that keeps me at home some days and then I regret not going in. Need to get a job a bit closer to home.

It's the commute that keeps me at home some days and then I regret not going in. Need to get a job a bit closer to home.

Yeah, even though I'm lucky enough to have a small room in the house that can be my office, I'm not sure it's really good for me. That said with more meetings, planning and a general sense of purpose I might cope better, but there's days where I wonder what the fuck I'm meant to be doing (until it goes fucking crazy and I still don't know what I'm doing). It's weird. I've got a gig that it appears loads of people would love, but long term I don't think it's great for me.

Yeah, even though I'm lucky enough to have a small room in the house that can be my office, I'm not sure it's really good for me. That said with more meetings, planning and a general sense of purpose I might cope better, but there's days where I wonder what the fuck I'm meant to be doing (until it goes fucking crazy and I still don't know what I'm doing). It's weird. I've got a gig that it appears loads of people would love, but long term I don't think it's great for me.
Working day after day in virtual pixel world isn't natural.

I'm quite enjoying being out and about, didn't realise quite how much it was getting to me. Miss a few things.

However we're so dead this week, it seemed pointless to go to the office when I've got a better one in my house. Unlike my last job, where if we were quite the phone might still ring, I don't take any calls, so I've a massive pot of Keema in the slow cooker and had my hair cut.

If actually quite like some work to do...

I have been working this week, in the office, which is a good thing as my broadband went down on Boxing day and has only just started working again. And travelling to work at this time of the year is a breeze - seats on buses, trains, tubes - it's the best time of the year to travel.

I have been working this week, in the office, which is a good thing as my broadband went down on Boxing day and has only just started working again. And travelling to work at this time of the year is a breeze - seats on buses, trains, tubes - it's the best time of the year to travel.

I got Liverpool Street on the morning commute and it was absolutely empty, it was fabulous

If you want to cringe yourself to death, have a look at this video from WebMD telling their staff to return to the office.

The execs are on green screen so aren't actually in the office themselves and ... the end, omg. 🤢

Back
Top Bottom