Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

Gruelling ep,poor Bubbs and Randy:(,was anyone else fooled by the opening scenes last night,thought I missed an ep.

That whole sequence didn't really make sense to me, what if Michael went for a head shot, wouldn't he have blinded Snoop or Chris?

Not to mention the various (minor) laws they flouted during the 'training', surely they'd be trying to avoid exposure like that?

That whole sequence didn't really make sense to me, what if Michael went for a head shot, wouldn't he have blinded Snoop or Chris?

Not to mention the various (minor) laws they flouted during the 'training', surely they'd be trying to avoid exposure like that?

Nah, it made perfect sense, they were training him.

And these are murderers, they are not going to be that bothered by any laws really.

Bunk Moreland: So, you're my eyeball witness, huh? [Omar nods] So, why'd you step up on this?
Omar: Bird triflin', basically. Kill an everyday workin' man and all. I mean, I do some dirt, too, but I ain't never put my gun on nobody that wasn't in the game.
Bunk: A man must have a code.
Omar: Oh, mos' def'.
:cool:

Last ep of series 4 tonight,75 min long as well,series 5 starts on Thur,Im presuming it'll then revert back to Mon,Tue and Wed nights

Bubbles's tragic life just seems to get worse and worse. Thought he was dead [avoiding spoiler here] in this episode.

Bubbles is always so chirpy despite his shit life. So to see him so miserable. I just hated it. Poor Bubs.

After that montage, we know with some certainly what kinds of bands and music Mr Simon was listening to in his late 70s formative years Still curious to me he chose an English musician though . . .

The scene when McNulty goes to see Daniels about going back to Major Crimes always hits the sweet spot for me. For those who missed what was going on, the two of them reprised the exact exchange they had about four years earlier (in the first or second hour of season one), except this time they quoted what the other said back then.

Fwiw, it was a scene where the Detail-to-be were sitting around outside’s Daniel’s office while he was still at Narcotics and McNulty was giving it the big one about how the case should be handled.

Four years on Daniels is acknowledging McNulty was better police back then and the two of them exchange a mutual respect moment. I suppose David Simon is reminding us all the pieces matter, and keeping us on our toes. It was a nice blokey moment I thought.

Bodie: “Just don’t ask me to live on my knees”

The little touches were great too, particularly Randy carefully folding his hard-earned cash and inserting it into the spine of his textbook, once he realised he was going back to the group home (spoke volumes about the environment there, especially once we see the book destroyed shortly before his beating).

Landsman giving Bubbs a pass was a nice moment too, I think his job is probably one of the worst to have in the department.

Interesting where all the kids ended up.

Not quite as you might have predicted at the start.

Ending with you can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy.

Awesome (in the proper sense of the word).

Bodie :( Hope you've gone to a place with plenty of spitoons.

:( all round quite frankly.

The single saddest part of the whole danm saga.:(:(

Poor poor Bodie. He was always my favourite.

Series 5 is bare intresting by the way. An entirely new facet of urban crime gets opened up.

dave

The single saddest part of the whole danm saga.:(:(

Poor poor Bodie. He was always my favourite.

Series 5 is bare intresting by the way. An entirely new facet of urban crime gets opened up.

dave

Quite impressive (on the show's part) that so many people seem to have been affected by Bodie's execution, considering how he did Wallace in Season 1.

"I feel old man", says it all.

One thing that bugs me a little is what was it David Simon wanted when he sketched out Mrs Carcetti?

Also, he makes repeated points about the power of various unelected officials, perhaps topical given the current deputy Prime Minister.

Quite impressive (on the show's part) that so many people seem to have been affected by Bodie's execution, considering how he did Wallace in Season 1.

"I feel old man", says it all.
Play or be played innit?
Like Bodie said at the time - Wallace was weak. Should have stayed in the country. The order came down from above - if Bodie had an attitude to refuse that order, he'd only have ended up on the other side of the gun at some point. The game he's in, you have to play it to win, or you die. Bodie commands respect not because he's a "good" person, but because he's got integrity and honour. Which is what eventually did for him: Marlo's style of command lacks both, so Bodie tried to rebel against it.

Marlow was trifflin yo, ain't the way the game should be played. Bodie ain't no snitch but something needed to be done bout that boy, mans was killin <word im not allowed to say cos i am white> for no reason. Hustlers gotta have a code, yo.

dave

I know it's nothing really, but it amuses me reading a bunch of middle class whiteys typing like they're black gangsters from a baltimore project :D

I know it's nothing really, but it amuses me reading a bunch of middle class whiteys typing like they're black gangsters from a baltimore project :D

Tru dat. Aiiiight.

It's like when people saw Rocky for the first time and you come out thinking you are the world's hardest boxer when you ain't. We mimic the fings we love.

Interesting where all the kids ended up.

Not quite as you might have predicted at the start.

Ending with you can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy.
True,Randy started off with a stable home environment and ended up in a fuckin awful situtation,other way round for Namond.Glad to see Omar still rolling.

Back
Top Bottom