Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The weather in the USA...

Southern California Blizzard Warning:

The blizzard warning, which is in effect Friday and Saturday for Southern California’s highest mountain ranges, is likely only the second on record for the Los Angeles area, according to the National Weather Service, Officials initially called this week’s warning the first on record, then later confirmed a blizzard warning was also issued in 1989, when a strong winter storm brought rare snowfall to Southern California, from Palm Springs to the hillsides of Malibu.

Last edited:

I'm used to April being ungodly with smoke because of controlled burns in Kansas, but I think they'd have to find me a clean room if I lived in Canada. This is going to really hurt a lot of people with respiratory problems. I do understand why they're doing it that way. To a certain extent, this is a natural process in the ecosystem of forests, but burning for months on end can't be normal.

I'm used to April being ungodly with smoke because of controlled burns in Kansas, but I think they'd have to find me a clean room if I lived in Canada. This is going to really hurt a lot of people with respiratory problems. I do understand why they're doing it that way. To a certain extent, this is a natural process in the ecosystem of forests, but burning for months on end can't be normal.
Isn't one of the problems that what's burning are plantations rather than natural forests so it's more monoculture with less moisture and less resistance?

(Apart from global heating, obviously)

Isn't one of the problems that what's burning are plantations rather than natural forests so it's more monoculture with less moisture and less resistance?

(Apart from global heating, obviously)

That could well be, but I'm no expert. The Flint hills in Kansas have less biodiversity than they once did. Several species of plants and animals are extinct. Then, there's species creep. As the growing zones change, the animals and plants migrate north. This isn't an even process and a lot of tree species, for example, can't move north fast enough to maintain their usual growing conditions.

"As a heat dome settled over Texas in June, trapping brutal heat and humidity underneath, high temperature records were broken across the state. It was so hot in Texas, meteorologist Ben Noll noted, that the only rivals on planet Earth were "the Sahara Desert and Persian Gulf area." "

of course,

"This past legislative session Republicans advanced a bill to kneecap wind and solar power through onerous permitting requirements, and they gave a boost to natural gas plants with special financial incentives"

Roberta Wright, who lives in a suburb of Houston, Tx., decided to try something we've always wondered about, can you bake bread in your mailbox during the summer months?

Well, according to the photos here that have gone viral, the answer appears to be yes.

phoenix

15NAT-WEATHER-NUMBERS-1-fvqb-threeByTwoSmallAt2X.jpg

Back
Top Bottom