Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The stupidity of the anti-vaxx nutcases

Just a bunch of ordinary Joes standing up for freedom.

It's a success that experts partly attribute to the deep knowledge of law enforcement and military tactics that exist in the convoy's organizational structure.

The group Police on Guard, formed during the pandemic, has endorsed the truck convoy. On its website, it publicly identifies more than 150 mostly retired police officers who are against government-imposed public health measures, such as vaccine mandates. More than 50 former Canadian Forces soldiers are also named on its site.

The organization says it has "boots on the ground" in Ottawa and has linked to YouTube videos of its members participating in the protest.

Just a bunch of ordinary Joes standing up for freedom.

It's a success that experts partly attribute to the deep knowledge of law enforcement and military tactics that exist in the convoy's organizational structure.

The group Police on Guard, formed during the pandemic, has endorsed the truck convoy. On its website, it publicly identifies more than 150 mostly retired police officers who are against government-imposed public health measures, such as vaccine mandates. More than 50 former Canadian Forces soldiers are also named on its site.

The organization says it has "boots on the ground" in Ottawa and has linked to YouTube videos of its members participating in the protest.

No doubt Russia is involved too, somehow.

No doubt Russia is involved too, somehow.

From the link you clearly failed to read:

Furthermore, the leadership team for the protesters calling themselves the Freedom Convoy includes:

• Daniel Bulford, a former RCMP officer who was on the prime minister's security detail. He quit last year after refusing to get the vaccine and is the convoy's head of security.
  • Tom Quiggin, a former military intelligence officer who also worked with the RCMP and was considered one of the country's top counter-terrorism experts.
  • Tom Marazzo, an ex-military officer who, according to his LinkedIn profile, served in the Canadian Forces for 25 years and now works as a freelance software developer.

From the link you clearly failed to read:

Furthermore, the leadership team for the protesters calling themselves the Freedom Convoy includes:

• Daniel Bulford, a former RCMP officer who was on the prime minister's security detail. He quit last year after refusing to get the vaccine and is the convoy's head of security.
  • Tom Quiggin, a former military intelligence officer who also worked with the RCMP and was considered one of the country's top counter-terrorism experts.
  • Tom Marazzo, an ex-military officer who, according to his LinkedIn profile, served in the Canadian Forces for 25 years and now works as a freelance software developer.
Cheers for that, had thought this went above and beyond the 'usual suspects'. (did read the article btw).

47 people arrested so far on Saturday for a total of 170.
53 vehicles towed and 22 licence plates seized since Friday.

Those arrested face 389 different criminal charges including obstructing police, disobeying a court order, assault, mischief, possessing a weapon and assaulting a police officer, Ottawa’s interim police chief, Steve Bell, told reporters.

“We’re not done with this operation yet,” Bell said, adding that over the “next several days” police will determine “how we maintain a presence and make sure that nobody returns to occupy our streets again”.

Given the scale and scope of the thing, remarkably subdued.

The dictionary definition seems reasonable: "A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

So not someone making a nuisance of themself by tooting a horn.

Seriously???

Do you really think that the only thing they did was bad?
OMG!!!

You just jumped onto the thread, read a page worth and the decided that the protesters were all love, peace and harmony, didn't you?
If you were actually following the thread, you must realize that all my answers have already been posted.

:D

First you definition - wtf!!!! you can only be reasonable if you use violence???
When I ask you to be reasonable, I have to threaten you with violence and then use political motives?

I guess you will never be reasonable.

47 people arrested so far on Saturday for a total of 170.
53 vehicles towed and 22 licence plates seized since Friday.

Those arrested face 389 different criminal charges including obstructing police, disobeying a court order, assault, mischief, possessing a weapon and assaulting a police officer, Ottawa’s interim police chief, Steve Bell, told reporters.

“We’re not done with this operation yet,” Bell said, adding that over the “next several days” police will determine “how we maintain a presence and make sure that nobody returns to occupy our streets again”.

Given the scale and scope of the thing, remarkably subdued.

According to an Ottawa news source -

So far, more than 70 vehicles have been seized and towed from the protest area, including 36 passenger vehicles, 12 from Ontario and 24 from out of province.

He said the minister of transport has taken action against 36 commercial motor vehicles as well, 13 from Ontario and 23 from out of province.

The vehicles towed are impounded for one week. After the week is up, peoples can call about their vehicles.

To claim the vehicle, the person must have a valid driver's license, show ownership of the vehicle or proof the owner gives you permission the drive it, and pay storage and towing fees.

The out of province are the most inconvenienced by this.
Do they stay in Ottawa, rent a hotel room, and pay for meals, or do they go home and come back in 7 days?
Money could be an issue - lots of bank accounts have been frozen.
And, of course, if you are unvaccinated, you can not fly. Rent a car?

meh - they were all warned.

We watched some of it live - three trucks from the same company left. I guess the owner felt that he needed his trucks back.

Seriously???

Do you really think that the only thing they did was bad?
OMG!!!

You just jumped onto the thread, read a page worth and the decided that the protesters were all love, peace and harmony, didn't you?
If you were actually following the thread, you must realize that all my answers have already been posted.

:D

First you definition - wtf!!!! you can only be reasonable if you use violence???
When I ask you to be reasonable, I have to threaten you with violence and then use political motives?

I guess you will never be reasonable.

Huh?

According to an Ottawa news source -

The vehicles towed are impounded for one week. After the week is up, peoples can call about their vehicles.

To claim the vehicle, the person must have a valid driver's license, show ownership of the vehicle or proof the owner gives you permission the drive it, and pay storage and towing fees.

The out of province are the most inconvenienced by this.
Do they stay in Ottawa, rent a hotel room, and pay for meals, or do they go home and come back in 7 days?
Money could be an issue - lots of bank accounts have been frozen.
And, of course, if you are unvaccinated, you can not fly. Rent a car?

meh - they were all warned.

We watched some of it live - three trucks from the same company left. I guess the owner felt that he needed his trucks back.

They should make the vehicle compound only accessible with a vaccination pass.

Back to the Jews, probably.
Given Israel has scrapped their Green pass covid digital passports and is allowing unvaccinated tourism, seems unlikely.

However bound to be some digital scrapping somewhere to enable building that particular straw man.

Oh, facts.
:confused:

IMO There really does have be some differentiation between anti-vax and anti-vaccination mandate. Its not the same thing, and I must say what has happened (semi-necessarily) during Covid has felt like the tide going out, expossing the workings of the political 'machine' and its playbook.

:confused:

IMO There really does have be some differentiation between anti-vax and anti-vaccination mandate. Its not the same thing, and I must say what has happened (semi-necessarily) during Covid has felt like the tide going out, expossing the workings of the political 'machine' and its playbook.
My post was meant to be a parody of the likely conspiraloon response...

Back
Top Bottom