Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Official 'Boys in Green' Euros 2012 Ireland Thread

N_igma

Epistemic nuisance
Ok this is the thread for all the Irish and plastic paddies to get together and cheer on the boys in green.

Without being too deluded I honestly think we have a chance of getting out of the group. Italy and Croatia are definitely beatable. Spain I'm not holding out much hope for but you never know and we traditionally do well in big competitions like this.

Our midfield is the weak link for sure! Glen Whelan is a donkey.

Not quite as hopeful as N_igma, we should beat Croatia, draw against Italy and Spain, hide behind the sofa.

A solid 1-0 today vs a probably unarsed Bosnia but still a good result. McShane was playing ffs.

A good start in Italy for the boys Trapp met Miss Italy 2011, Stefania Bivoni. Better than the pope.

Republic of Ireland Euro 2012 Squad
(submitted to Uefa @ 11am today, numbers are official squad numbers)
1 Shay Given, 2 Sean St Ledger, 3 Stephen Ward, 4 John O’Shea, 5 Richard Dunne, 6 Glenn Whelan, 7 Aiden McGeady, 8 Keith Andrews, 9 Kevin Doyle, 10 Robbie Keane, 11 Damien Duff, 12 Stephen Kelly, 13 Paul Mc Shane, 14 Jonathan Walters, 15 Darron Gibson, 16 Keiren Westwood, 17 Stephen Hunt, 19 Shane Long, 20 Simon Cox, 21 Paul Green, 22 James McClean, 23 David Forde

You'll have to stop him. I think he'll have a great tournament.
170353hp2.jpg

170353hp2.jpg

He's going to have a 'moment' at some point in the tournament isn't he. My money's on deciding to have a snooze in the back of a lorry and waking up in Moscow.

The Irish fans in Krackow gave England a warm welcome when they arrived at the hotel yesterday. There is you tube clip somewhere will try and dig it out.

eta

We have failed to beat any sides ranked above us in a competitive fixture under Trap,doesn't augur well for our next two games

Ah well,always a big ask to get out of a group containing 3 very good teams like Spain,Italy and Croatia,needed to get summit from the Croatian game to have any hope.....4th best team in the group about right.

Well bad loss but we knew we were a pretty average side.

Anyhow I'm pretty livid with fucking Roy Keane, he's got some nerve, I know he propably thinks he's been patriotic and all that shit but to me he's just a sour Cork cunt.

I'm proud of the team and the fans that singing was awe inspiring imo. I would have thought it obvious that taking losing well and having a good time trumps losing badly or even winning badly.

Fuck you Cork cunt!

170353hp2.jpg

Ha ha. Just got a text from an Irish work colleague who remembered I'd said Mario would score against Ireland.
He's not had a great tournament so far but that could change, hopefully

A disappointing end to whats been a desperately poor tournie for us,getting out of the group was always gonna be tough but we never got out of the starting blocks,Trap's conservative approach might be ok in the qualifiers but they were found out at the finals where quality tells, the fans are the only positive we can take away from Euro 2012,still if some-one told me a few weeks ago that we'd finish with the same amount of points as the Dutch I'd ask them what they were smoking :D

Back
Top Bottom