Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the neoliberal vision of the future

The Children of a Vanished World are waiting ...
9780520221871.jpg

That's not exactly an extermination plan, is it?...

....No, again this is not the same as a plan to exterminate the Jews.

No it's Himmler's attempt at a defence; do you think it holds water?

I didn't originally refer to the jews. I was pointing out the existence of plans for systematic killing, killing which went onto include extermination camps where not only jews met their deaths.

You are squirming, but no amount of wriggling will get you away from the questions as to your preferred holocaust historians and scientists; so lets be having them.

Louis MacNeice

Who are these "mainstream holocaust researchers"?

Well, EVERYONE I presume, including all researchers who are not Holocaust deniers. Frankly I am surprised that this is taken as a controversial statement and that for some mysterious reason now all of a sudden everyone thinks I am a Holocaust denier. What's wrong with you people? Here I've spent something like 50 pages explaining that you guys have more in common with the Nazis than you think and it should be quite clear from my writing that I think Nazism is evil, and then all of a sudden *I* am a Nazi supporter!?!?!? How is that level of evasion and mind twisting contradiction even possible without your brains exploding?

Well, EVERYONE I presume, including all researchers who are not Holocaust deniers. Frankly I am surprised that this is taken as a controversial statement and that for some mysterious reason now all of a sudden everyone thinks I am a Holocaust denier. What's wrong with you people? Here I've spent something like 50 pages explaining that you guys have more in common with the Nazis than you think and it should be quite clear from my writing that I think Nazism is evil, and then all of a sudden *I* am a Nazi supporter!?!?!? How is that level of evasion and mind twisting contradiction even possible without your brains exploding?

Name names, cite publications, reference documents.

Louis MacNeice

Answer the question directly, and stop avoiding/evading.

Vishniac-550.jpg

You can say you are against fascism as much as you like, and accuse everybody else of being fascists. But your 'arguments' suggest another thing entirely. Something you don't really seem aware of.

Everyone you presume? But you don't actually know? Surely you know what you have read which has informed your opinions?

If it is "everyone" as you presume, then you can name one. Can't you?

No. I'm just not seeing as big a difference between you all as you seem to think there is. Opposite sides of the same coin.

It's hard to come up with a more politically feeble narrative than Onar's 'you're all fascists', but you've done it; simultaneously useless and smug.

Louis MacNeice

No it's Himmler's attempt at a defence; do you think it holds water?

I explicitly asked for references to concrete plans to exterminate the Jews, because I was unaware of any such plan. Whether Himmler's attempt at a defence holds water or not is completely irrelevant, because at least it is very clear that his defence in no way is an admission of an extermination plan.

I didn't originally refer to the jews. I was pointing out the existence of plans for systematic killing, killing which went onto include extermination camps where not only jews met their deaths.

Sorry, then I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about extermination plans, not of individuals, but of a plan to systematically wipe out an entire people (or race as Hitler would call it).

You are squirming, but no amount of wriggling will get you away from the questions as to your preferred holocaust historians and scientists; so lets be having them.

I don't have any preferred holocaust historians. I have read quite a bit on the holocaust and as far as I can tell I am in no way making any remotely controversial statements here. Remember, I never said that the holocaust didn't happen. I said that there was no physical evidence of industrial scale deliberate extermination of Jews. Of course the mainstream scientists and the holocaust deniers have very different accounts of why the evidence doesn't exist (the mainstream claims the physical evidence was destroyed by the Nazis, whereas the deniers claim that the evidence never existed in the first place) but as far as I know there is no disagreement as to the lack of physical evidence.

I explicitly asked for references to concrete plans to exterminate the Jews, because I was unaware of any such plan. Whether Himmler's attempt at a defence holds water or not is completely irrelevant, because at least it is very clear that his defence in no way is an admission of an extermination plan.

Sorry, then I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about extermination plans, not of individuals, but of a plan to systematically wipe out an entire people (or race as Hitler would call it).

I don't have any preferred holocaust historians. I have read quite a bit on the holocaust and as far as I can tell I am in no way making any remotely controversial statements here. Remember, I never said that the holocaust didn't happen. I said that there was no physical evidence of industrial scale deliberate extermination of Jews. Of course the mainstream scientists and the holocaust deniers have very different accounts of why the evidence doesn't exist (the mainstream claims the physical evidence was destroyed by the Nazis, whereas the deniers claim that the evidence never existed in the first place) but as far as I know there is no disagreement as to the lack of physical evidence.

What books have you read on the holocaust?

This is what happens when you so empty a term of meaning - as you have done with fascism - it becomes useless; so useless that you cannot even apply it in a reflexive way.

Louis MacNeice

1. Himmler's explanation is pertinent; do you take it at face value as an explanation for the systematic - i.e. planned - destruction of millions of people (his position), or do you have a better account to offer?

2. I was talking about extermination plans of entire social groups (not just defined by race); the planned extermination of the mentally ill for example.

3. The evidence of the industrial scale of the deaths, is there in the missing populations; how many people do you think were killed?

Louis MacNeice

Back
Top Bottom