Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Meat-Free Breakfast thread.

I edited my post to include a quote from the OP which refers to pescetarian breakfast. In this case my favourite breakfast, referred to above, qualifies.
No offence. I just think it plays fast and loose with “meat free”. But you’re entitled to your favourite breakfast.

Stop arguing on my thread!

So what is it? apart from the fish, it looks like cucumber and plain rice. What are the yellow blocks?
It’s rice, fish (sometimes salmon, usually mackerel) tofu, pickles (in this case cucumber) miso soup, and green tea.

She's dead so her views don't count. I always interpret 'meat free' to mean red meat for some reason - I don't eat red meat but do eat fish.
This blurring around fish not being meat can be a proper pain in the arse. Back in the day, I could say :I don't eat meat" and move straight on to the disappointment. Now, it has to be qualified - "what about fish/chicken/other white meat?"

I'm a vegetarian, not a fussy eater! The clue is in the name.

Anyway, as you were.

There's a breakfast place in the village my daughter goes to school that does deep fried dough and filled steam buns, always at least two veggie options. They do doufunao too, which is like a hot soup of chunky silken tofu but not tried theirs yet as I take away and it would be a faff.

There's a breakfast place in the village my daughter goes to school that does deep fried dough and filled steam buns, always at least two veggie options. They do doufunao too, which is like a hot soup of chunky silken tofu but not tried theirs yet as I take away and it would be a faff.
I discovered spudnuts this morning (on line).

I'm certainly very keen on the recent trend to include halloumi on a veggie breakfast, I love the stuff! I'd far rather have that than veggie bacon substitue, which I am not really a fan of - halloumi though, bring it on! Nice and salty too so it does fulfil a similar sort of role on the plate.

When I went up to London for work, I used to get the veggie breakfast pot that Leon do. That was a nice egg, beans, mushrooms and halloumi thing.

I'm certainly very keen on the recent trend to include halloumi on a veggie breakfast, I love the stuff! I'd far rather have that than veggie bacon substitue, which I am not really a fan of - halloumi though, bring it on! Nice and salty too so it does fulfil a similar sort of role on the plate.

I first had halloumi with a veggie breakfast about 20 years ago in a cafe in wolverhampton of all places, when it was still pretty rare to find anywhere that actually did a veggie breakfast (here in wolves anyway) and then it would be a couple of shrivelled Linda macs and far too many baked beans to fill the plate up.

Pretty much every morning, except for Sunday morning, I'll have:-

2 toast with Lidl Lurpak substitute spread
A small portion of baked beans, maybe Branston or failing them Lidl "better" ones to which I've taken to adding a goodly splash of Worcestershire sauce
2 fried eggs, I will be reverting to coddled eggs once the cooking oil is used up
2 cups of sweet, very strong yet with a fair bit of milk, tea

If I've any boiled potatoes left over from the previous nights tea then I'll have some of them, sautéed and some additional Stokes tomato sauce for taste

I've just remembered Worcestershire sauce isn't veggie, but as I'm not, I'm not overly fussed, but it does add a certain "something" that's missing from otherwise barely OK'ish beans

Back
Top Bottom