Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The lonely tech post thread.

Not it matters now, but you know you can usb c to hdmi cables?
Sometimes. As is usual with the shitshow that is USB standards, some ports will support that and some won't.

Edit: Technically speaking, there is no USB->HDMI support, only USB->DP. But there exist plenty of solutions that convert DP to HDMI.

Last edited:
At least, unlike some parts of the USB standard, there are times where it's guaranteed to work. If the port has a "DP" logo or the Thunderbolt lightning label, it will definitely work. If it doesn't have either of those, then maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

I saw in the Galaxy Note instructions that they don't recommend charging using a usb hub, not sure why though,

Could some kind soul please give me line by line instructions on how to do a power clean on an Epson ET-2714 printer running on Win 11.

Luckily, my hair has been recently cut, and I can't get a hold of it!

Dotting back and forward between onscreen instructions is driving me nuts, or more nuts.

I've done three standard head cleans, but the magenta is totally missing.

So it was today that I learnt that Windows 11 has an option not to show desktop icons? They are all still in the One Drive folder. They just just aren't displayed. That was a head scratching 5 mins.

That's been a thing in Windows for years. I've hidden mine for a decade or so (too many/clutter) and just had a shortcut to the Desktop folder somewhere.

Could some kind soul please give me line by line instructions on how to do a power clean on an Epson ET-2714 printer running on Win 11.

Luckily, my hair has been recently cut, and I can't get a hold of it!

Dotting back and forward between onscreen instructions is driving me nuts, or more nuts.

I've done three standard head cleans, but the magenta is totally missing.
BUMP!!!!!!!!!

I don't know theprinter Sasaferrato but I would try YouTube if it were me. A quick Google shows a few vids exist...

View attachment 399781
Throbbing Angel

Thank you.

It has just started the power cleaning cycle.

Once again, my problem was instructions and actuality not matching up. Devices move on, things change, but the graphic in the instructions doesn't.

Before and after power clean.

1699801325359.png

1699801382481.png

Last edited:
This NHS thing seems a bit of a blag, they're paying me more money, for less hours and more holiday. The technical side to job does not seem complex at all, the main challenge over the next few months is just going to be learning the clinical systems. Feel I might have sold myself a bit short, but everyone keeps telling me that when your in the NHS is much easier to move roles. What's bonkers is how many people there are to things I used to. Like one person who makes images, another to build them, people to deploy them, L1 techs to take the calls from, networking and I can actually escalate things easily.

Microsoft Ignite tomorrow if anyone's looking for free exam vouchers. Don't know what they're going to have yet...

Raised a request with MS for some support they told me to raise a request with the Azure team

I told them to go ahead and close the ticket

Apparently I do not have the correct plan to request help with this so thank you for providing the quality of service I have come to expect from Microsoft. You can close the ticket.

Apparently I am to to resume my low level warfare on Appx and ProvisionedAppx packages

I’m so tired, it’ll never stop until I’m dead

Can anyone help me with remote desk to recommendations?

Got my home PC running windows 11 Pro with my plex server on, and i want to dial in with my laptop also windows 11 Pro,

i have tired the windows App but never works.

anyone know a cheap or free one that would work without me accepting the connection at home (as i wont be there)

Can anyone help me with remote desk to recommendations?

Got my home PC running windows 11 Pro with my plex server on, and i want to dial in with my laptop also windows 11 Pro,

i have tired the windows App but never works.

anyone know a cheap or free one that would work without me accepting the connection at home (as i wont be there)

Chrome remote desktop is by far the easiest to set up.

ok tested and worked, but wont i need a code from my home PC everytime? that's not going to work if the case?

No, once it's installed you can sign in with Google account on any other device (including phones) and access it. You can set a PIN, but you enter that on the remote device.

No, once it's installed you can sign in with Google account on any other device (including phones) and access it. You can set a PIN, but you enter that on the remote device.

ok so i can connect and fine, but as soon as i close the app on laptop i lose connection, when i re connect i need to be at the PC to accpet it?

ok so i can connect and fine, but as soon as i close the app on laptop i lose connection, when i re connect i need to be at the PC to accpet it?

That doesn't seem right. It's been ages since I set it up, but I'll have a poke tonight if I have time and let you know.

5 minute job to add an email to power automate form right?

No because the guy who set it up made it call an sql table somewhere to find the original email addresses. I’m half tempted to just ram the new one on the PA regardless because I cba diving around tables

Just to check did you install the Chrome extension (other chromium based browsers are fine) rather then using screen share?

Back
Top Bottom