Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Islamic state

IS though, it seems to me, are fucked whenever they meet an experienced, trained and armed local militia. They prefer to massacre unarmed minority sects and aid workers. So its not Doom for Hamas is it?

The israelis are probably hoping isis take out hamas then they can go even more murderhobo than they already do with the perfect excuse with isis having slaughtered any westerners UN aid worker etc who might be witness to the IDF.
Few fucks will be given :mad::(

The Israelis are probably dropping big brown logs at the thought of IS taking out HAMAS, as it would substitute an unknown variable for a very well-known variable. HAMAS can be studied and countered. IS,by nature, is less of a strategy-based organisation, so trying to predict what they'd do would be a lot harder.

IS though, it seems to me, are fucked whenever they meet an experienced, trained and armed local militia. They prefer to massacre unarmed minority sects and aid workers. So its not Doom for Hamas is it?

Not really. IS have the bodies, and a bit of experience of set-piece urban warfare, plus wider experience of murdering captives. In terms of their victories though, they've mostly accumulated wins by either saturating a locale with personnel, and then not giving a fuck about how many die, or using fear to scare the shit out of green troops and/or conscripts. They're not exactly well-trained, and they've repeatedly shown that apart from small-unit tactics, they're pretty much a rabble.

Not really. IS have the bodies, and a bit of experience of set-piece urban warfare, plus wider experience of murdering captives. In terms of their victories though, they've mostly accumulated wins by either saturating a locale with personnel, and then not giving a fuck about how many die, or using fear to scare the shit out of green troops and/or conscripts. They're not exactly well-trained, and they've repeatedly shown that apart from small-unit tactics, they're pretty much a rabble.
some pages back i linked to an american document which detailed daesh tactics, some of which i think would surprise even some western armies.

some pages back i linked to an american document which detailed daesh tactics, some of which i think would surprise even some western armies.

I'm not at all Daesh is a 'rabble'. They've proved they are capable of not only expanding their territory to include several million people, but also providing/maintaining state infrastructure and some degree of popular support, which makes them far more dangerous

The Israelis are probably dropping big brown logs at the thought of IS taking out HAMAS, as it would substitute an unknown variable for a very well-known variable. HAMAS can be studied and countered. IS,by nature, is less of a strategy-based organisation, so trying to predict what they'd do would be a lot harder.

That is what logic says they should be doing, but the reality seems to be that they actually would prefer a region that didnt have Assad or Hamas in it - irrespective of what might come about in their place. After all, they are only bombing one side in the conflict and it isnt IS.

Wtf? Link please? :D

On one screed by the guy 'won to trotskyism at age 10' he said that daesh were the lesser of evils when it came to western imperialism, but that the beheadings were wrong, NOT because a person was beheaded, but because it 'plays into the hands of the bourgeoisie!'

Do a search for Isis, Isil or Syria on their website. The various articles come up. Quotes in the Girder thread.

This nonsense being mirrored anywhere else on the Left?

Wtf? Link please? :D

On one screed by the guy 'won to trotskyism at age 10' he said that daesh were the lesser of evils when it came to western imperialism, but that the beheadings were wrong, NOT because a person was beheaded, but because it 'plays into the hands of the bourgeoisie!'
(middle) eastern imperialism presumably better

YPG's new offensive is to wipe out the sarrin pocket - - map:

CI16qUfWsAA9tAI.jpg:large

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ead1961a-1e38-11e5-ab0f-6bb9974f25d0.html?ftcamp=published_links/rss/world/feed//product#axzz3eUkdlACM

More worrying is the thought that this might provide the precedent necessary for Turkey to establish a 'security zone' in Rojava.

These aren't security zones , they're a pretext for the invasion of Syria and the maintenance of their proxy armies . I won't be surprised if the zionists follow suit . Brits now talking about bombing in Syria too .

These aren't security zones , they're a pretext for the invasion of Syria and the maintenance of their proxy armies . I won't be surprised if the zionists follow suit . Brits now talking about bombing in Syria too .

What should be done do you reckon? To get peace in Syria number one and to stop ISIS. Forgive me for asking but anyone can have a crack or not.

What should be done do you reckon? To get peace in Syria number one and to stop ISIS. Forgive me for asking but anyone can have a crack or not.

If they want peace in Syria then they should stop fuelling war . stop assisting terrorist groups , fomenting war isn't getting peace . And this talk of stopping IS is utter crap . They were able to mass thousands of fighters and vehicles in broad daylight in a flat desert around palmyra ...despite everyone knowing the Syria army had been fighting them there in large numbers for days , and not a single US bomb was dropped on them , not one . Either the satellites were all on the blink or there's another explanation for it . The vast majority of these sorties over Syria result in US pilots returning to base with their bombs intact, reportedly unable to locate an IS target . It's a smokescreen and nothing more .

Their Turkish ally has been harbouring and assisting IS repeatedly . Their Israeli and Jordanian allies are harbouring al Qaeda in the south . Bombing them is pointless when your mates are helping them out .

I expect the regime air force was too busy dropping barrel bombs on civilians to do likewise. Or bombing fsa areas just prior to isis advances against the same. Or releasing thousands of jihadist from prison who went on to lead isis, in order to turn the uprising murderously sectarian. Or funding and supporting thousands of isis founding members and leaders into Iraq to destabilise the place.

Back
Top Bottom