Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Islamic state

Have no idea which thread to post on about the 3 (so far today) probably co-ordinated attacks - including the kobani, close villages, ay-al-arab-, al-hasakah stuff yesterday. If all isis linked shows they're really under pressure.
sorry: if it's is a) behind all of them , and b) co-ordinated, it seems to me to show that they're not under that much pressure, as co-ordinating attacks in several countries with disparate personnel and with all the planning and logistics necessary would tax most non-state organisations.

sorry: if it's is a) behind all of them , and b) co-ordinated, it seems to me to show that they're not under that much pressure, as co-ordinating attacks in several countries with disparate personnel and with all the planning and logistics necessary would tax most non-state organisations.
It suggest to me that they need to rely on small groups away from the real fighting to take the focus away from iraq/syria to continue to present the image of a force fighting on all fronts at all times, because on the real fronts, things ain't going so well. And given their reliance on this image to bring in foreign volunteers (at a time when they've just lost their main route into their proclaimed capital). It looks like a series of potemkin attacks to me.

It suggest to me that they need to rely on small groups away from the real fighting to take the focus away from iraq/syria to continue to present the image of a force fighting on all fronts at all times, because on the real fronts, things ain't going so well. And given their reliance on this image to bring in foreign volunteers (at a time when they've just lost their main route into their proclaimed capital). It looks like a series of potemkin attacks to me.
in any case, given the work which would need to have been done this must have taken a fair amount of planning and authorisation by senior people - hitting kuwait unlikely to go unanswered!

in any case, given the work which would need to have been done this must have taken a fair amount of planning and authorisation by senior people - hitting kuwait unlikely to go unanswered!

TBH I am not sure that it would have, beyond making sure that they had people in the area where the attack took place and asking them to all do their thing around the same time.

Shows the disparity in manpower if this is confirmed to be a coordinated attack : able to kill so many in Tunisia, still the preserve of isolated nut jobs in France, where they don't have much community support (despite scare tactic propaganda saying such and such a % of French youth sympathise with ISIS)

Footage from yesterday's attack on Kobane, NSFW obviously

Various estimates on numbers of deaths, may be as high as 146 mostly civilians

quite a bit i'd have thought because i don't suppose they'd look kindlily on 'traitors' or people not obeying orders.

TBH its hard to see how they could have that much effective control and direction over foriegn "branches", beyond asking them to conduct attacks / conduct attacks on a specific day. If they had more control than that it would probably mean sizeable networks within the country concerned that were able to enforce discipline (in the way that the IRA used to), which would probably already have translated into more and bigger attacks than the ones we have seen thus far, and a few disappearances of that sort of person.

It is also worth pointing out that the aims of these localized attackers probably dont extend much more than "taking it to the kuffar", of all the recent attacks only the Hebdo one showed any real sort of planning or wider goal than just killing people.

TBH its hard to see how they could have that much effective control and direction over foriegn "branches", beyond asking them to conduct attacks / conduct attacks on a specific day. If they had more control than that it would probably mean sizeable networks within the country concerned that were able to enforce discipline (in the way that the IRA used to), which would probably already have translated into more and bigger attacks than the ones we have seen thus far, and a few disappearances of that sort of person.

It is also worth pointing out that the aims of these localized attackers probably dont extend much more than "taking it to the kuffar", of all the recent attacks only the Hebdo one showed any real sort of planning or wider goal than just killing people.
i was thinking more of the 'domestick' branches.

TBH I am not sure that it would have, beyond making sure that they had people in the area where the attack took place and asking them to all do their thing around the same time.
I'm not sure they'd have needed to make sure of the first.If this is just to look hard in the face of defeat where it matters I doubt they gave a shit where stuff happened as long as it did. Shout out to all the franchises if you can do something end of the week that would be handy. Seems well coordinated but could just be groups bringing their own plans forward or coming up with something on the fly. Anybody read much about the links between Daesh in Iraq and Syria and the groups elsewhere. Are Daesh out trying to get groups to sign on or are they coming to Daesh?

Is it wrong to attempt to include something humorous in this thread?

I wonder what Fox News would've done with that, if they'd fallen for it? I kind of wish they had, except for the fact it'd become an unchallenged myth that 'there was an ISIS flag at gay pride' because they'd only very quietly admit they got it wrong, if at all.

Someone should copy that flag and then go stand with Choudhary's lot just for shits and giggles.

A a follow up to the kobani raid (and that's all it was, it wasn't on offensive or anything) ISIS are reported to be concentrating on the west bank of jarabulus - that's the current western border of koabani canton/YPG control. ISIS blew the bridge over there in march to stop the YPG from attacking the city itself. Airstrikes appear to be ongoing. I did suggest when ISIS ran to turkey from tel abyad the other week that we should probably expect to see them reappearing in jarabulus a week or so later.

CIVdcDVXAAAcF29.jpg

Last edited:
It needs to be understood by muslims and non muslims alike that ISIS is blasphemy, haram.

It is led by a self appointed, narcissist, billionaire playboy with CIA connections.

I hope this will help non-Muslims understand how UN-Islamic the self proclaimed Caliphate is.....

A letter from over 100 different Islamic scholars to the Islamic State

At a time when extremists calling themselves Islamists and purporting to be interpreting true Islam, calls have been rising for the voices of moderate Islam to come out and explain the true values and morals of Islam, countering the misconceptions created by the extremists.The detailed letter was summarized in 24 main points reproduced below:

Open Letter

To Dr. Ibrahim Awwad Al-Badri, alias ‘Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi’,

To the fighters and followers of the self-declared ‘Islamic State’,

Executive Summary

It is forbidden in Islam to issue fatwas without all the necessary learning requirements. Even then fatwas must follow Islamic legal theory as defined in the Classical texts. It is also forbidden to cite a portion of a verse from the Qur’an—or part of a verse—to derive a ruling without looking at everything that the Qur’an and Hadith teach related to that matter. In other words, there are strict subjective and objective prerequisites for fatwas , and one cannot ‘cherry-pick’ Qur’anic verses for legal arguments without considering the entire Qur’an and Hadith .

It is forbidden in Islam to issue legal rulings about anything without mastery of the Arabic language.

It is forbidden in Islam to oversimplify Shari’ah matters and ignore established Islamic sciences.

It is permissible in Islam [for scholars] to differ on any matter, except those fundamentals of religion that all Muslims must know.

It is forbidden in Islam to ignore the reality of contemporary times when deriving legal rulings.

It is forbidden in Islam to kill the innocent.

It is forbidden in Islam to kill emissaries, ambassadors, and diplomats; hence it is forbidden to kill journalists and aid workers.

Jihad in Islam is defensive war. It is not permissible without the right cause, the right purpose and without the right rules of conduct.

It is forbidden in Islam to declare people non-Muslim unless he (or she) openly declares disbelief.

It is forbidden in Islam to harm or mistreat—in any way—Christians or any ‘People of the Scripture’.

It is obligatory to consider Yazidis as People of the Scripture.

The re-introduction of slavery is forbidden in Islam. It was abolished by universal consensus.

It is forbidden in Islam to force people to convert.

It is forbidden in Islam to deny women their rights.

It is forbidden in Islam to deny children their rights.

It is forbidden in Islam to enact legal punishments (hudud ) without following the correct procedures that ensure justice and mercy.

It is forbidden in Islam to torture people.

It is forbidden in Islam to disfigure the dead.

It is forbidden in Islam to attribute evil acts to God ﷻ.

It is forbidden in Islam to destroy the graves and shrines of Prophets and Companions.

Armed insurrection is forbidden in Islam for any reason other than clear disbelief by the ruler and not allowing people to pray.

It is forbidden in Islam to declare a caliphate without consensus from all Muslims.

Loyalty to one’s nation is permissible in Islam.

After the death of the Prophet, Islam does not require anyone to emigrate anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom