Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Islamic state

On a guy in the jordanian army, a japanese journalist, yezidi women and kids etc, gay people, sunni tribes .. give me a fucking break

I listened to an interesting LSE lecture recently, available here, in which an academic mentions that he had to sort of prompt and remind foreign jihadist fighters that they hated the West - the real target of their ire was Alawites, Shia, Yezidi etc

An english man decides to take part in snuff movies showing unarmed civilians for revenge against the west?

He sees himself as a Muslim, with a duty to avenge fellow Muslims.

What message do you think they are sending with the orange jump suits? Are they not saying: you treat ours like that, we treat yours like this?

The jordanian man is muslim

Froggy, I want to carry on this conversation--I think it's really important--but I have to leave the screen for a bit. I'll be back later.

Meanwhile, I'd appreciate it if you (or others) could address this question, it's a genuine one:

What message do you think they are sending with the orange jump suits? Are they not saying: you treat ours like that, we treat yours like this?

Froggy, I want to carry on this conversation--I think it's really important--but I have to leave the screen for a bit. I'll be back later.

Meanwhile, I'd appreciate it if you (or others) could address this question, it's a genuine one:
perhaps you could answer one or two questions yourself on your return.

Pickman's, this is ridiculous.

You keep asking me questions when the answers are common knowledge. You're going to have to start looking them up yourself now.
from what i've seen the answer is indeed common knowledge: that the jordanian army not in syria.

Last edited:
Yes they have.

The croatian ustase spring to mind, pavelic with his plate of eyes etc

...that serbo-croat stuff is unfathomably horrible...mind you didn't they have fully paid up priests and nuns involved in running their death camps....Franciscans etc...

Well, it's going to start to get even worse for the bearded ones in Jordan.

...Sajida al-Rishawi in particular I'd have thought....

Beyond words. It's madness. I feel like ISIS have gone straight into Total War mode, committing their greatest atrocities in the knowledge that their reign over the land will be over soon, much like the Nazis sped things up towards the end, though at the same time, they seem to be consolidating power in that massive chunk of Iraq they control and could potentially last quite a while if they aren't faced by a serious army - Kobane was a setback, but it also seems to have been an exception, and far from a Stalingrad.

I am at a loss as to see what they thought to gain here. Revenge OK I can see that they might want that seeing as how the Jordanians have been involved in the airstrikes but in and of itself revenge is not really a goal with any real and concrete benefits apart from gratification. Here I come to the possibility that the people in charge contain a high proportion of psychopaths and/or sociopaths. The Jordanians are likely to want revenge in spades for this. ISIS are looking increasingly isolated to me.

I am at a loss as to see what they thought to gain here. Revenge OK I can see that they might want that seeing as how the Jordanians have been involved in the airstrikes but in and of itself revenge is not really a goal with any real and concrete benefits apart from gratification. Here I come to the possibility that the people in charge contain a high proportion of psychopaths and/or sociopaths. The Jordanians are likely to want revenge in spades for this. ISIS are looking increasingly isolated to me.
It could be that they are trying to shock the Jordanian people into forcing the king to stop the action against them.

they seem to be doing 'pay us or fuck you and your citizen'

That only works if a state will bend to rescue one man. They won't. Terry Waite chained to a radiator for 6 years must be feeling pretty lucky right now.

It's not logical for daesh though, its cutting all ties. All outs. All chances at negotiation ever. They really want the glorious death don't they. How can you reach out to that ffs.

but its a strategic failure. Banzai never worked, kamikaze never worked. It leaves the operator dead and some cold eyed observer of the horror to make plans, to counter the force presented by suicide squads. It just can't win, it never has. I'd call it a kind of nihilism but they do believe, believe in a bone deep way.

Back
Top Bottom