Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Islamic state

well not come across these people before so can't vouch for the veracity

and
Ta. YPG to be fighting allepo is mad, to have some people do a confidence thing in return for FSA in kobani, yes. That's all i can see, the latter. If anything. Calling this as bullshit PR.

They said they will kill all ISIS and related people if their pilot was killed.
i don't see how the isis lot think this can end happily - even though it may be some time before this does all end - because i don't suppose capturing isis fighters is high on anyone's agenda. i suppose they may be saying to their fighters, now we've done this (be it shooting a load of soldiers in the desert, beheading journalists or burning this unfortunate man) you'll have to fight as it's death if you're caught.

I'm at a loss on this one. I can keep saying that there are rational reasons, sensible reasons, tactical reasons...i don't know what to say...that's personal savagery = the regime has done that for two years mind.

I'm at a loss on this one. I can keep saying that there are rational reasons, sensible reasons, tactical reasons...i don't know what to say...that's personal savagery = the regime has done that for two years mind.
i saw some details mentioned on the daily mail website which make it very difficult to think this was anything other than sadism. if you want to kill someone you can just shoot them or behead them or whatnot, but to douse them in petrol in a cage and then to run a trail back which is then lit - well, that's a whole different level. like you, i'm at a loss because there's no way that this is going to advance their cause - and much more likely to retard it.

i saw some details mentioned on the daily mail website which make it very difficult to think this was anything other than sadism. if you want to kill someone you can just shoot them or behead them or whatnot, but to douse them in petrol in a cage and then to run a trail back which is then lit - well, that's a whole different level. like you, i'm at a loss because there's no way that this is going to advance their cause - and much more likely to retard it.

This is what war means. It's what war has always meant--it's just that ISIS don't try to disguise their sadism. This is why we should not be fighting wars.
575x329xpilot-cage-ISIS-575x329.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qSG8rLdiF4W_XZ-AkLBZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Could it be to spark renewed sense of outrage and hostility? Perhaps they were concerned the beheadings were getting repetitive and were losing their shock value?

This is what war means. It's what war has always meant--it's just that ISIS don't try to disguise their sadism. This is why we should not be fighting wars.
perhaps you can expand on this because i for one am not aware of any other contemporary armed forces which execute the vast majority of the people they capture: although with the possible exception of boko haram.

perhaps you can expand on this because i for one am not aware of any other armed forces which execute the vast majority of the people they capture.

Western leaders such as Bush and Cheney made numerous statements during the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan in which they boasted of their ruthlessness. They never worried about killing non-combatants, they even denied that non-combatants existed. They tortured prisoners brazenly and without any compunction. This is what you get.

Western leaders such as Bush and Cheney made numerous statements during the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan in which they boasted of their ruthlessness. They never worried about killing non-combatants, they even denied that non-combatants existed. They tortured prisoners brazenly and without any compunction. This is what you get.
strange that a) you name the president and vice-president of the us - no other leaders? b) that the us still managed to capture a shedload of people who didn't end up dead - they certainly didn't kill the majority of the people they captured.

Back
Top Bottom