Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The hideous Americanisation of the Olympics

I dunno didn't they say the same about that Irish girl a few years back when she was smashing everyone up and she was on the special vitamins
Ah Michele Smith,suddenly developed into a World class triple Olympic gold medal winner in her mid 20s after achieving fuck all previously :hmm:

I still maintain that they should have a seperate league for people who want to do the events on performance enhancing drugs, genetic grafts and with robotic enhancements. It would be like Robot Wars only with people. Usain Bolt could be Sir Runnalot

Entirely agree with the problem of manufactured entertainment and emotions, having said that nothing wrong with a decent PA system in the hands of an expert.

Volleyball is the worst.

Not only does it have 'uplifting' music blaring every time the action stops for a second, but it also has a big comedy booming voice over.

The issue is: who is catchable?
Innit brother J. Or what are they taking that we already know about.It's a bit rich the ham shanks having a poke at the new world super poweraid.

A friend of mines son was a limpic athlete who famously ran a fastest bend and dropped his batton. His dad put it like this.
"They're all on something it's just making sure they keep that something quiet for as long as they can and then hope to know what the next something is before everyone else has access to it. You can't run that fast on lucazade"

Is having ten second bursts of pop music blaring out at every pause in proceedings and whenever someone scores a point really in tune with the Olympic spirit?

Olympics: wholly-owned subsidiary of NBC, itself a subsidiary of General Electric.

So why the note of surprise?

[quote="Gingerman, post: 11396211, member: 20470]There'll be fucking cheerleaders before every event soon
[/quote]

If that ever happened, I'd stop watching :mad:

or do you mean the athletes will be shagging cheerleaders before every event? :hmm:

was annoyed to hear the yank swimming team bod accuse the chinese winner of being drug enhanced- why not just accept that the athlete was better on the day?

When she:

Ye-Shiwen--008.jpg

Can swim faster than him:

ryan-lochte-300.jpg

...then there's bound to be a few questions!

When she:
I read an analysis of this which pretty much debunked it, on his last lap (from which the timings were taken) the male swimmer was far in the lead and was slowing down which makes it quite possible that she could have swum faster than him. If you took another lap from a male swimmer then they were swimming faster than the female Chinese swimmer.

When she:

Ye-Shiwen--008.jpg

ryan-lochte-300.jpg

In the link I quoted above Sharron Davies points out that Becky Adlington also swum faster than him on her last 50m when she won the 800m so I wouldn't read as much into that as has been implied :)

Back
Top Bottom