Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Gymnastics has started!!

Melinda

Kama roa, efshar livloa?
*quivers with excitement* :D

Power, athleticism, supreme technique and artistry!

*faints*

I like horizontal gymnastics :)
That made me smile! I rather bet you're good at the horizontals! :)

How were your birthday celebrations? :)

In case you're intersted the Chinese mens team are rocking out the All Around Team qualifiers.
Go Yang Wei!

Babe, have you got freeview?
I dont think you do :( There are lots of other events on the multi screen red buttong thingy.

Atm: rowing heats, mens all around gymnastics qualifiers, judo finals, womens football and weightlifting.

Pop to Tesco, they have a box for £14.99.

I dont think you do :( There are lots of other events on the multi screen red buttong thingy.

Atm: rowing heats, mens all around gymnastics qualifiers, judo finals, womens football and weightlifting.

yes, got it recently. What channel is it on?

BBC1 - and press the red button Minnie.

If you hurry you'll see the replay of a Russian falling through the rings apparatus and landing on his face.

Four years work :(

More than marginally amusing. :D

Freeview doesn't get you all the different multi-channels, just three out of six (I think) :(

Still, I was trying to explain to my friend last night how much better the coverage was than even in recent years, but she didn't seem too interested :oops:

"Look, I can choose to watch beach volleyball, badminton or Sue Barker"
"But, I don't want to watch any of that...?"

:mad: :D

That made me smile! I rather bet you're good at the horizontals! :)

How were your birthday celebrations? :

Eventful and the police were involved!

Further details on the lonely hearts thread.

Just getting ready for my real (offset) b'day celebrations. Hoping it's going to be less unusual.

Eventful and the police were involved!

Further details on the lonely hearts thread.

Just getting ready for my real (offset) b'day celebrations. Hoping it's going to be less unusual.
Just had a read of that. Im glad it worked out ok, but how very worrying.

The female gymnasts are looking much more powerful in the shoulder and thigh in the past few years.

They actually look powerful and older now, more like women than like pre-teen girls who have have their puberty stunted.

As a group they seem taller too.

i love love love gymnastics :D

just watching Oksana from Germany doing the vault :eek:

and the stop frame illustration thing they had yesterday was so cool - they paused the picture at each stage of a jump (in floor work i think) then superimposed the rest of the move with more paused frames over the top.

*is in heaven*

*gives a 'gymnast hug' to Mentalchik and foamy!* :)

Oksana Chusovitina is 33!! Her training and work rate must be ridiculous.

*gives a 'gymnast hug' to Mentalchik and foamy!* :)

Oksana Chusovitina is 33!! Her training and work rate must be ridiculous.

*hi fives melinda in the manner of team Australia*

Oksana is a complete power house - like the other girl from Germany that lives in the Salt Lake City (i'm being rubbish with names today)

really enjoying the russian teams performance too :cool:

Is Beth Tweedle on later today?
Beth is another young athlete who was bullied badly through school because of her extra-curricular activities.

Her old school love her now, but at the time staff failed to give her the support she needed to protect from jealous, nasty girls who made her life a misery.

Through bullying and gymnastics and a very pushy mum she barely did enough work to scrape a few poor GCSEs. Her mum totally didnt see the need for Beth to concentrate at school, or do re-takes.

As a group they seem taller too.

except the Chinese. :D

The Romanians don't seem to be performing as well as normally or maybe I was just tired when watching it and they weren't holding my attention.

Glad that diva Khorkina isn't there this year.

Glad that diva Khorkina isn't there this year.
Svetlana Khorkina :) LOVED that woman! I wanted to be her!

I fell in love with her on the asymmetric bars when I was about 14.

She was stunning on the floor too. She was tall and strong and powerful and beautiful. Though apparently she was a major cow to the younger girls in her team. They hated her! :D

Back
Top Bottom