Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Grand Tour

Jesus Christ,I just tried watching the second episode I couldn't make it to the end.That is the most depressing TV program I've ever tried to watch.

same here. I couldnt stomach the clarkson fat/stuck/rape stuff and the truly cringey weapons stuff. episode 3 is worse I think. This isnt 3 men in a boat gentle humour, its three men, utterly bereft of ideas, doing an 3/4 hour long drive around tuscany, making cock jokes and finding themelves in a not at all risky contrived situations armed only with a truly poor script. Its worth watching just to work out where the £150M actually went.

same here. I couldnt stomach the clarkson fat/stuck/rape stuff and the truly cringey weapons stuff. episode 3 is worse I think. This isnt 3 men in a boat gentle humour, its three men, utterly bereft of ideas, doing an 3/4 hour long drive around tuscany, making cock jokes and finding themelves in a not at all risky contrived situations armed only with a truly poor script. Its worth watching just to work out where the £150M actually went.
£149m went on the opening sequence of Ep1

The on saving grtace of TG ( for me) was the specials- yes they were contrived and yes they got a little silly but they sorta worked.Initially at least.Now HD shots of 3 cunts in Astons in Tuscany is not something that I want to watchg

Its worth watching just to work out where the £150M actually went.

It's not been spent on the music anyway. I wonder how much the production crew miss the little perk of being under the BBC wing that they don't have to worry too much about negotiating the music rights..

Edit: For example, here's the tunes used for the Ukraine trip Music from Top Gear (UK) S21E03

By comparison, the Amazon show is piss poor

Last edited:
christ, this is a train wreck of a programme. We all knew that many of the accidents and mishaps in the BBC series were engineered, but thi stuff is truly awful laboured viewing.

Just watched ep4, Jeez, they've gone way too far with the farce stuff. It was difficult to watch most of the show, they aren't actors and even if they were the script wasn't worth performing. I did chuckle a few times but they've managed to destroy any faith that some of it is based on their genuine characteristics.

I wonder if Amazon will make a statement. Probably seeing if it'll blow over.
They knew this was going to happen when they hired them.
They must surely have some statements pre-prepared.
1. For race
2. Re homosexuality
3. Specific for Mexicans.
4. Specific for muslims
5. An interchangeable one for the French and Germans.

Since when has eating ice-cream meant the person was gay?? What an incredibly odd thing to come out with. :confused:

I didn't see this but as one of the comments on the guardian said, it takes a lot to make clarkson cringe. What a pack of fuckwits. As is anyone else who even thinks about watching this shit. Really don't get the appeal.

Funnily enough, it was one of the better episodes of the series. James May's piece about Fords at Le Mans was really good. But that bit about gays eating ice cream was totally WTF. Not even schoolboy sniggering. Just a ludicrous thing to say.

Funnily enough, it was one of the better episodes of the series. James May's piece about Fords at Le Mans was really good. But that bit about gays eating ice cream was totally WTF. Not even schoolboy sniggering. Just a ludicrous thing to say.
Yup that Le Mans segment was good, a decent length and informative.

They lure you in with Las Vegas and South Africa for the first 2 episodes, then they hit you with fucking Whitby for the next 2 episodes? This is shite, I'm out.

i found the latest , heavily marketed episode on a streaming site. christ, its bad.i mean really bad. something about boats in cambodia. the lad/ motor press shouting that its a return to form/ 5 stars etc, everyone else thinks its shite.

Back
Top Bottom