Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The gardening thread

My aji chillies ("very slow to germinate - sow the whole pack!") have all germinated within a week of sowing :facepalm: Good thing college is open again from next week so I can palm a few seedlings off to other people.

There's mice inside the flowerbed, doing their thing, tunnels seem quite deep. My plan was to just leave them to it. Will they eat everything starting from the roots?

That slab of concrete next to the front door, what if i tried this?
Woke up feeling brave but whats the worst that can happen :hmm:
Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 06.51.43.png

That slab of concrete next to the front door, what if i tried this?
Woke up feeling brave but whats the worst that can happen :hmm:
View attachment 257206
Straightforward to use. Doesn’t require massive strength. If there is rebar in the concrete you will struggle and will need an angle grinder to cut through. Then you have to get rid of the waste. You might struggle by this time and have a big mess.

i think its a small slab, and shouldn't be very thick, i think it's just there from when someone built the sloppy little porch, much newer than the house itself so unlikely to cover a well or anything :D Will dig around a bit before running to the toolhire shop.

i think its a small slab, and shouldn't be very thick, i think it's just there from when someone built the sloppy little porch, much newer than the house itself so unlikely to cover a well or anything :D Will dig around a bit before running to the toolhire shop.
Sq foot? Thickness?

Sq foot? Thickness?
i haven't investigated properly, if i can find an edge will know thickness , but am guessing no more than 4 foot by 3 or so, the area of it, just right where i want the rose. i'd just need to break it up not even remove entirely.

i haven't investigated properly, if i can find an edge will know thickness , but am guessing no more than 4 foot by 3 or so, the area of it, just right where i want the rose. i'd just need to break it up not even remove entirely.
Pick axe and shovel for that little lot I suggest.

This afternoon I need to make a proper wooden seed tamper because apparently the RHS qualifications people won't be happy with the random bits of tupperware and other rubbish I usually use (and I can't take photos at college like everyone else is doing because my new phone screen is now also full of rain) :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom