Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Fridge reopening as Electric Brixton

earlier this year, yeah. brixton getting a new medium-sized music venue makes it much more comparable to camden, in a newspaper selling kind of way.

Not really sure what a 'newspaper selling kind of way' means.
they like comparing places and saying something is the new something else. it's kind of lazy but it's often how people think of things, so i can see why they do it.

i think it's quite useful for a newspaper to call brixton the new camden, considering the article's about a new music venue. why the facepalms?

how is it useful? they're totally different, there's no similarity in any way - and camden is hardly a place to aspire to be like anyway. its fucking hideous up there.

they like comparing places and saying something is the new something else. it's kind of lazy but it's often how people think of things, so i can see why they do it.
I'm struggling to find too many meaningful comparisons between the two places, to be honest.

they're both out of the way (from central london) areas that have a high concentration of bars and music venues. whatever you think of their patrons, they're quite similar.

i think it's quite useful for a newspaper to call brixton the new camden, considering the article's about a new music venue. why the facepalms?

Camden is dated. Why aim to be like somewhere that has gone well past it's sell-by date some time ago?

I'm struggling to find too many meaningful comparisons between the two places, to be honest.
loads of bars, loads of music venues, loads of young people hanging about looking strange, loads of dealers ripping off said young people, loads of dodgy takeaways. both pains in the arse to get home from on public transport if you live on the other side of london.

My only night at love muscle was ruined by someone who had never had pills before. They had been told to double drop as it was "awesome". About an hour later they were freaking out big time and I had to take them home :facepalm:

To be fair it was ruined by whatever arsehole told someone who hadn't had pills before to double drop.

yeah but this is a messageboard and it is our wont to moan about stuff like that:)
just as long as you realise that while Brixton is certainly a special and unique place, this does not preclude it from being compared with anywhere else, especially if it shares a number of characteristics with that place. Brixton will not suffer from these kinds of comparisons, so need to get hot under the collar about it :)

manhattan has takeaway shops, venues and drug dealers - do you think that's a similar place to brixton?

Back
Top Bottom