Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Fridge reopening as Electric Brixton

Given their failures over the Tesco fiasco and the market situation, it does seem rather muppety to ask planning to intervene over a well designed facade. Maybe he's trying to get it turned into a supermarket. I gather they've allowed the Duke of Welly on Acre Lane to be flattened as well

I've no desire to defend Lambeth Planning dept, but it was hardly a "well designed facade".

I've no desire to defend Lambeth Planning dept, but it was hardly a "well designed facade".

Interesting idea, terribly executed.

The tarpaulin bits looked, intrinsically, like a temporary lash up. The vinyl overlays for the speaker cut-outs were undersized, so there were embarrassing 'short falls' where they didn't quite cover.

It was amateur. I doubt that's a specific planning regs issue, but my local pride insists they do better than that - given it's scale and prominence.

I paid my first visit to the refurbed fridge last night. It was a techno night so in some ways it felt like nothing much had changed... but I reckon they've done a pretty good job. Feels like they've invested in it properly.

I was pretty impressed with the sound set-up actually - it sounded good to me.

It was lacking in lasers, though.

Back
Top Bottom