Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 'eating out in Wales' thread...

yeah, you're both rubbish.

i went to patagonia tonight. i've said before that it's michelin standard, it's not.
was good, but not very good. shame really.

Dunno if these have been metnioned yet. Can't be arsed to go through thread :p

All in Swansea -

No.13
Bizzie Lizzie's
PattieRaj
Thai Elephant
FairyHill
Restaurant near Three Cliffs Bay is amazing. Forgot what it's called at mo :oops:

Been working in the Bay this past couple of weeks, and had lunch in the Eli Jenkins yesterday. :(

Takes a lot of work to make Weatherspoon's food look like gourmet creations, but they managed it.

also Bouchon De rossi on Oxford street... a little place which looks like it should be an old fashioned tea room from the outside but is an amaaaaaaaaaaazing Welsh/French fusion type restaurant
Oh yesssss, lush! Just round the corner from No.13 :)

Col_B.....Eli Jenkins on Oxford Street?!

went to the vegetarian food studio in penarth road last night for the 3rd time,.. awesome place and fantastically good service.... thoroughly recommended :D

Mjurchi - I think its called on City Rd, great food, cheep and vegi friendly for ddraig. Down and dirty, but great food.

I like The Bar on Neyland Marina - always fresh locally-caught seafood.

And there's a well fancy place down the road from Pembroke but I can't remember what it's called.

Bayside Brasserie sunday lunch NOM x10000
Brilliant service, lovely wine amazing quality food and not incredibly espensive for two courses

Went to the new Frankie and Bennys on Newport road as it's close to my place, order a mix grill that was £18.95 !!! it came cold twice !! sent it back twice... the 3rd time it was hot, but it was no better than a £8.95 mixed grill from any pub.... will not be going there again.

Le Gallois has closed, such a pity cos at one time that place was as good as any Michelin restaurant.

And by the way, what's that place at the end of the barrage on the Penarth side? I ate there a couple of months ago, before Christmas, and the place was jumping. Couldn't fault the grub to be fair - the usual Le Monde/La Fosse style (it's the same bloke as La Fosse I believe). Good old fashioned point, choose, wait, eat. The lamb noisettes I had were pretty nifty.

Just a very random one. .CN in City Road, opposite Milgi. It's a Northern Chinese place with food like no other Chinese that I know off. I've been trying all kinds of stuff there and it is good and cheap (£6-10 / meal is orientative). Sweet pan fried pork fillet is good, the big chunk of pork leg as well, whole crabs go for £7.20, but come on a bed of 40 or so dry chillies, jellyfish salad pretty good. Not tried the grilled seabass or the pork lungs. By the way, there are no spring rolls and everything is VERY meat oriented, even the salad comes with pork mince.

can't have been open long, saw them fitting it out a month or 2 ago
from milgi's eating my vegi mush, natch :D

Back
Top Bottom