Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

We've got an inflatable doughnut thing already. Doesn't stop him getting at his face sadly. He's pretty calm in his cone, seems resigned to it.
Glad to hear he is calm at least - my cat is so terrified of a cone that he gets stuck in reverse gear in absolute panic mode - tbf he's probably one of the most unintelligent creatures on the planet, bless his very soft little soul.

I can't let him out without a lead when it's dark because he disappears. I let him out in the morning just before feeding him, intending to call "food" to get him back in but he's nearly always straight back before I can.

Oh I’m so pleased to see him; hadn’t seen anything from you recently and had been wondering about him
Hi Saunders, thanks for your interest. Larry is ok, I am afraid these photos are from some time back, I just processed them now.

Larry is now 14 so is a distinguished older gentleman with a nice greying muzzle. I think he might be a bit arthritic in his joints so I don't take him on walks any more, he develops a limp if I do and goes increasingly slowly.

He still greets me with a great display of friendly barking when I come home from work.

A favourite thing is to scratch his hind legs, he loves that, it might be because it is one scratch he can't do on his own.

Should have taken a camera over the fell with Bella this morning !

She was charging around like something demented, as she does.
Came back for breakfast and then crashed out on one of the three sofas and two double beds she makes use of during the day.
Repeat at least three times a day, if not four or five [she only get b/fast and supper] but still seems to have so much energy it is exhausting watching her !

Someone posted a day or so ago about a dog trapped underground, after falling around 15ft through a 12-inch gap in the rock face, and volunteers were on day six of using power tools to get to it, but for the life of me I can't remember which thread it was on, so I thought I would post the update here for all the dog lovers.

Anyway, some great news, it's finally been rescued after seven days! :)

The drama began when Rose fell around 15ft through a 12-inch gap in the rock face.

After the fire and rescue service called off its own efforts to retrieve her, volunteers came from as far afield as Lincolnshire and Scotland to help. Using power tools including electric saws and drills they spent hours every day chipping away at the rock face, removing tonnes of rubble.

Food and water were lowered into the gap to keep Rose alive. More than £11,000 was raised online to support the rescue effort.

1728031830967.png

Dog looking totally nonplussed. :D

Back
Top Bottom