Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

If I ignore Quincy for too long, he stares at me and makes a great deal of whiny noise.View attachment 375294

How could you ignore that? ❤️
He looks daft as a brush bless him (sorry if that is an incorrect assessment! I mean no disrespect, I have a daft cat and the other day I posted that he has a brain the size of a walnut and it shows, if anything it just makes them more loveable and you feel a bit more protective of them iykwim)

How could you ignore that? ❤️
He looks daft as a brush bless him (sorry if that is an incorrect assessment! I mean no disrespect, I have a daft cat and the other day I posted that he has a brain the size of a walnut and it shows, if anything it just makes them more loveable and you feel a bit more protective of them iykwim)
Your assessment is wholly accurate :)

Love at first sight.
I was in Meanwood Park, sitting on a bench, enjoying the sunshine, when this pooch shows up and chucks a ball at my feet with her mouth and then does the ‘let’s play’ bow.
She didn’t appear to have an owner at first and was very insistent that I throw the ball for her. I resisted for a while but gave in eventually. An hour later her human appeared but it was too late. I’m in love with a border collie and I now want a dog of my own.
IMG_9555.jpegIMG_9553.jpegIMG_9551.jpegIMG_9550.jpegIMG_9544.jpeg

Honestly border collies will make you throw the ball for them all day, your arm would drop off.
As much as I love them I'd go for a breed or mix that doesn't require quite as much constant entertainment and stimulation! (They get bored very easily, highly intelligent and energetic dogs)

Soon after I got my border collie x alsation I threw the ball seven or eight times for her in the field to the back of me. She kept fetching it until the last time when she stopped short and looked at me and clearly realized how things were going to be, and never dropped the ball for me again. She had to have her own ball when we were throwing ball with other dogs. They'd be running up and down fetching their ball and she'd be running up and down with her ball in her mouth.

Honestly border collies will make you throw the ball for them all day, your arm would drop off.
As much as I love them I'd go for a breed or mix that doesn't require quite as much constant entertainment and stimulation! (They get bored very easily, highly intelligent and energetic dogs)
This is true. We had a lovely border collie - Blue.
Unless they are kept entertained they put their intelligence to mischief

I think I have said it before but when I get a dog it will be a poodle or some mix thereof - I fell utterly and completely in love with the small poodle that was the pet of my landlady when I was a lodger - she was out a lot cos she had 2 jobs and I spent a lot of time with this absolutely delightful, intelligent, loyal and joyful little dog (Snowy) - he was absolutely lovely. I do like the larger (standard) ones mind you, but I imagine they have similar delightful and intelligent personalities.

(One of my landlady's jobs was in the same place as me, which is how I came to be her lodger - one day she brought Snowy into work with her and he tore off at a cracking pace - somehow knew by scent I suppose he knew where to find me, very large working site, offices with several buildings - ran straight to me to say hello, we had a really good bond - and I know it was good for his human who loved him best to know that Snowy had people looking out for him and keeping him company when she was out)

Last edited:
I've found every golden retriever I've met to be lovely and friendly. I think they're my favourite breed - possibly apart from bearded collies. My neighbour had one and it was funny, affectionate, clever, naughty ...
Beardies are lovely too and I feel sure I must have said this, I know them mostly cos my uncle had one as a guide dog for many years - he (Dieter) was scatty off the lead, but an absolute legend of a guide dog when he was working.
Whenever they visited and he wasn't working he did spend an inordinate amount of time barking at the budgie though! Absolutely scatty when he was clocked off :D

Back
Top Bottom