Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Best Starter

I agree with the melons and Parma ham and also the meze type thing.

I had a prawns and chorizo starter in garlic butter with toasted ciabatta the other day. That was quite lush.

I've tried the black pudding and pear and yes, it is truly delicious, with both pears and peaches - here it is in main form:

10264082.61562b59.1024.jpg

Scottish Black Pudding, alcohol pickled pears and peaches, bacon and salad.

The gravy is a mixture of the pear pickle juice and a little balsamic vinegar.

Delicious!

I like baked goats cheese on salad - simple, but yummy.

Get a small, round goat cheese, cut out a bit of bread the same size as the base of goat cheese and stick in oven until a bit brown and bread toasted... serve on salad leaves with balsamic vinegar. Yum.

Get a small, round goat cheese, cut out a bit of bread the same size as the base of goat cheese and stick in oven until a bit brown and bread toasted... serve on salad leaves with balsamic vinegar and a big fat line of K. Yum.
Fixed it for you.

Try this: take a pear and halve it and core it. Mix a strong blue cheese like Roquefort with Mascarpone or Philadelphia. Smear the mix over the pear. One half-pear per person.

If you want an avocado starter try this: halve an avocado then slice each half so when pressed it forms a fan. Serve with French Dressing.

An avocado makes for a lovely quick meal: take an avocado, peel it and cube it. Cut a medium-sized tomato or two into 8ths. Cube a length of cucumber to taste. Mix all three. Dress with French Dressing and eat!

Back
Top Bottom