Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

In more 'Tories throwing the election' giggles....

Tory candidate slags off Labour candidate for 'being in France' implicitly saying he's on holiday while the Tories are walking the streets and telling lies about interactions with voters.

Turns out the Labour candidate is an ex-Para who's in Normandy doing a parachute jump for service charities as part of the D-Day commemorations.

It's a thing of incredible beauty - imagine reading the papers for the last few days, and thinking 'i know, I've a superb idea for a tweet...'.

Just magnificent.

Superb, just wonderful. Armando Iannucci and Chris Morris have their heads in hands.

The Tories seems as desperate for candidates as Reform:

Labour said some of the postings shared by Tory candidates suggested “serious concerns” about the calibre of the party’s would-be MPs. Some candidates have already deleted social media accounts, or removed posts, or locked access to accounts.

Labour is playing with fire there, there's bound to be stuff coming out about some of their candidates, especially with the short notice of the GE, and parties rushing to appoint candidates without proper vetting.

Labour is playing with fire there, there's bound to be stuff coming out about some of their candidates, especially with the short notice of the GE, and parties rushing to appoint candidates without proper vetting.
Well there's this guy, Graham Stringer, who's standing for Labour in Blackley and Middleton South.

He's a trustee of an organisation that promotes climate change denialism:

The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) is a charitable organisation in the United Kingdom whose aims are to challenge what it calls "extremely damaging and harmful policies" envisaged by governments to mitigate anthropogenic global warming.[2] The GWPF, and some of its prominent members individually, have been characterized as practising and promoting climate change denial.

At the same time he's a member* of The Science, Innovation and Technology Committee, a parliamentary select committee.

The Science, Innovation and Technology Select Committee is appointed by the House of Commons to examine the expenditure, administration and policy of the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology, and associated public bodies. It also exists to ensure that Government policies and decision-making across departments are based on solid scientific evidence and advice.

No conflict of interest there then. 🙄

In 2014, Stringer was one of two MPs on the committee to vote against the acceptance of the Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change conclusion that humans are the dominant cause of global warming

MP appointed to ensure Government is committed to good science is member of charity that promotes climate denial

*technically not, currently, since the election being called means there are no official MPs

Well there's this guy, Graham Stringer, who's standing for Labour in Blackley and Middleton South.

At the same time he's a member* of The Science, Innovation and Technology Committee, a parliamentary select committee.

No conflict of interest there then. 🙄

MP appointed to ensure Government is committed to good science is member of charity that promotes climate denial

*technically not, currently, since the election being called means there are no official MPs
He also denies the existence of dyslexia. Full strength weirdo

Thought his name seemed familiar so looked him up on wikipedia -right cunt - EDIT: argh beaten to it by belboid
n 2009, Stringer denied the existence of dyslexia, calling it "a cruel fiction" invented by "the education establishment" to divert blame for illiteracy from "their eclectic and incomplete methods for instruction".[5]The charities Dyslexia Action and the British Dyslexia Association criticised Stringer's claims.[6]
And of course member of LFI

I met Neil Kinnock when aged about 8 in a local Labour Club. I was wearing a red shirt and he enthusiastically told me about Garibaldi. He genuinely took the time to connect with people that day and seemed a nice guy. While I despise his career trajectory I find it hard to loathe him as much as many others on the labour right
Tbf he did know his biscuits

Of course, but the journos are less motivated to piss off the incoming government; they want to keep their new masters sweet ;)

Thought his name seemed familiar so looked him up on wikipedia -right cunt - EDIT: argh beaten to it by belboid

And of course member of LFI
He would have to be in that constituency.
Funnily enough his rampant pro Brexit views were not followed by Manchester as a whole.
Manchester almost as remain as Lambeth.

I think Roberts was mentioned up-thread, but his 'apology' is a thing of wonder. Calling Khan a "snivelling little drip" and as destructive as the Nazi air-force and then saying the comments were not intended to given any offence! :D

1717947179297.png

He would have to be in that constituency.
Funnily enough his rampant pro Brexit views were not followed by Manchester as a whole.
Manchester almost as remain as Lambeth.
City of Manchester voted yes , along with Stockport and Trafford but the other seven boroughs; Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Tameside and Wigan, voted leave .

Back
Top Bottom